Pls Pls help .. Need advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by vjava, Apr 27, 2001.

1. vjava

vjava New Member

I just got a call from CAP1. I have a chargeoff with them for $1100. They offered that if I pay off 90%-100% they will issue a new account with a credit limit between $200-2000 (12.99%) OR I can settle at 80% and they would not issue a new account.

I have terrible credit (FICO 470), six charge offs and 1 good standing (Auto loan). I was recently laid off due to downsizing and have no real recourse. I may be able to pay the $1100 to CAP1 in installments.

I am in a dilemma. If I pay off, at least I have one open account. If I settle, will they take the chargeoff from my reports.

I recently joined Junum and am awaiting responses from the CRAs for my first round of disputes.

Any advice as to a plan of action is appreciated.

2. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

Wow...470 and they still want to give you another card...WF???

Pay them in installments. I'm dealing with them currentlt. They said they would send me a letter on the 19th stating that I had paid a judgement in full. Guess what? It aint here yet. I'm calling back on Monday.

CapCrooks = CapOne

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

----------------
    ========Don't pay any thing unless they agree to take off the charge off off of your Cr.Report!
    Get it in writing!