Pneumonia Shuts Down Mail Sat...

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by GEORGE, Nov 11, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The FORT COLLINS COLORADO POSTAL WORKER had PNEUMONIA...they ASSUMED it was ANTHRAX!!!

Now I know why I got NO mail, no bills, NOT EVEN ANY JUNK MAIL!!!

Overkill???

THIS IS YELLING FIRE IN A THEATRE????

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Yea, They are reacting to the fact that the Brentwood postal worker died while they had already shut down the Hart Building here in DC. The postal workers and their Union were screaming "how could you have closed down the Hart building and NOT investigate more, and close down the post office that delivered the mail to the Hart building, are we LESS important than the Senators and Congressmen"... someone died at Brentwood...so it makes sense that the next time there is a possible outbreak they immediately shut down the mail facility for fear they will be criticized of not doing enough again.

Hopefully this will slow down a bit...I hope they catch this person/people doing this fast.

Sorry to hear bout that George...but the mail will soon come again.

-Peace, Dave

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TUESDAY IS TOO LONG....

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Just heard they have now closed Brentwood and are moving the entire facility to a new location. You are lucky you will be getting mail on Tuesday.

Tuesday's gone with the wind...
    Tuesday Afternoon I'm just beginning to see, now Im on my way...
    Goodbye Ruby Tuesday...
    Father's always smokin' and your mom's at church on Tuesday...

Peace, Dave

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The FORT COLLINS COLORADO POSTAL WORKER had PNEUMONIA...they ASSUMED it was ANTHRAX!!!
    NO ANTHRAX!!!!
    GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Innocent until proven guilty sides heavily on saving a life from being unjustly convicted.

2 types of errors (alpha and beta):
    Found Guilty when they are really innocent
    Found Innocent when they are really guilty

I think it is the same here...Wouldnt you rather them:
    (1)have pnemonia but suspect anthrax
    rather than
    (2)having anthrax but shrug it off as pnemonia

George its only mail come on now :) Tuesday will be here in 24 hours...hehehehehehe LOL

-Peace, Dave

7. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

How many pizza advertisements and harriet carter catalogues do you really need, anyway?

8. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Yea, GEORGE, QYB! Where I worked, we once had a bomb threat, but weren't told about it because the company people decided that it was PROBALY a hoax. Can't slow down production, you know! You have no idea how that made us feel. At least the postal ppeople care enough to take precautions.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Today's update...ANTHRAX CONCERN COOLS.
    City Post offices to reopen Tuesday.

10. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I think they should have waited till something better came along before they closed it down!