PO rtnd validation letters+ advise?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Micki1970, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Micki1970

Micki1970 Active Member

I sent out a butt load of validation letters to creditors a couple of weeks ago certified mail. Some have been returned, no such address or something similar. One was accepted (have the signature card) then a couple of days later I get the letter back- RETURN TO SENDER. I used the addresses that are listed on my report, so what should I do? Also, today I get a letter saying that they no longer own the account and I should contact such and such, Well, such and such isn't on my report, they are. Any suggestions? Thanks so much
    Micki

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Crud!!! Have you tried contacting CRA's that gave you the information, and telling them about your dilemma? They should provide you with an accurate addresses. It's the law.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Tell them if you got it all back...DELETE THE ACCOUNTS!!!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...I ASSUME they are ALL negative...

5. Micki1970

Micki1970 Active Member

Yes, they are neg. The story behind them is- I filed and had discharged a BK7 in Dec. 1997. 90% of the discharged accounts are still reporting as del. bal due, etc. I disputed over & over- notta! So, I thought, okay I will contact these folks that keep saying that I owe it and see what they can produce proving this, as the cra say they keep doing.

I have contacted TU (by phone), they sorta tossed it around, made some comments and finally said "well, try this phone number or try this address see what you get" My response was, huh? They want me to spend big dollars (over $25- for all these certified letters) a pop on a "maybe?"

Do ya all think that I could photo copy the envelopes and forward them with a dispute demanding they be removed from my report?

Also, same with the letter, send a copy and demand that it be removed?

Thanks again for the help and support!
    Micki

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SEND COPIES OF THE ENVELOPE(S)...YOU HAVEN'T GOT ANYTHING TO LOSE...

7. Micki1970

Micki1970 Active Member

Thanks so much George. I will do that first thing in the morning. Do you think that I should send a copy of the letter also?
    Thanks again,
    Micki

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DOESN'T REALLY MATTER...if the company can't be contacted...they CAN'T have it on your report.

GOOD LUCK.

9. Micki1970

Micki1970 Active Member

George, the letter that I am referring to is one that I received instead of a validation. I guess the first time I must have been seeing red and read it wrong. This what I received when I sent a letter requesting that they validate this del. account. Of course they can't really prove I owe them sh*t, because I filed BK.
    The letter says-

Dear Ms. *******

Thank you blah, blah, blah.

Please be advised that X bank has purchased your account from xyz bank. Any corrections, deletions or requests for change account status must be made through the credit reporting agency through which you first learned of this discrepancy. They will provide you with the proper forms blah, blah. It is THEIR responsibility to contact your creditors for possible corrections to your credit file.

We hope this clears up your confusion with this matter.

First, why the heck would someone purchase a BK account? Second, huh? So they think that they are not accountable to me? Bank 1 continues to report this account every single month late bal. of over $600, late for more months than the darn account was opened. And they say that all I can do is dispute with cra? I did that 6 or more times in 2 years, that didn't help. BTW, I sent the validation letter to the original creditor, yet received a letter from the new bank. I think they just changed their name.
    Oh, George, please don't tell me I am screwed and have to start over with the cra's. AHHHH, I don't know if I can do that again. Don't you have a magic bag, full of magic dust instead? LOL! But really, any suggestions?
    Thank you sooooo much for your help.
    Micki

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I don't have any magic dust to sprinkle on them, but I think you might have.

Why not take those letters where they are trying to collect on a debt that was adjucated in bankruptcy and take copies of them up to the judge that did your bankruptcy and ask him if they can do this or not.

I know almost nothing about bankruptcy, but if What I've heard is correct, then the court should frown on that kind of activity pretty hard.

11. Micki1970

Micki1970 Active Member

Thank you Bill. I just may do that. I am wondering though, would it be considered attempting to collect a debt to continue to report an account bal, del. etc. to a cra? Because if it is, I am in a perfect situation to sue. Like I said 90% of the bk accounts continue to be updated monthly. It is a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive to the court where I filed, however worth it to get this crap cleared up.
    I am not as well versed in bk anymore. I do know that when I filed I worked for a attorney and knew all the procedures, (for the time) rules & regs. I think I will have to pay the library a visit to see if my memory serves me correctly and these creditors are out of compliance with the Federal BK law in attempting to collect a debt.
    Thanks for the advise. The wheels are just a turning in my head now, scary thought! lol
    Micki

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Mick, obviously you know a whole lot moe about bk than I do which is just about nothing at all.

Just one thing I do know about bankruptcy and that is that from a credit standpoint it's about as bad as a dose of the

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They cannot continue to collect a debt which has been discharged in bankruptcy. Have you told them this? There are severe penalties for violating this law.