Poll (not to mention help)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ohnostuck, Oct 28, 2001.

1. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

What method did you use most sucessfully to remove negitive items on your credit reports?

Which CRA was easiest?

Do you think it is better to start the dispute with the collector or the CRA?

Where are you finding the best dispute letters?

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I make the creditor or the collection agency take them off for me.
    I don't see 10 &#189 &#162 worth of difference between them. They are all about as stubborn as a herd of hogs.
    I'll take the creditor or his collection agency every time. Getting rid of the derogatory report is only secondary. I want to get rid of the debt as well, and I don't ever miss. Once the debt is gone then I make the company that put the derogatory remark on my credit history take it off for me.
    Then I don't have to mudwrestle with the pigs.
    I don't find them. I invent my own. Oh, I started off with some I found, but I revised and revised and revised again until I got it right. If you want to do the same, there are some real good ones here on creditnet and other places.

They have a sort of a library of dispute letters right here on creditnet you can grab up. Most of them are pretty good. We got some pretty sharp people here on creditnet and if you read around the posts for a while you will get an awful lot of great pointers to learn how to do it yourself if that's what you want to do. Probably about the best lesson you can learn here is don't go hire some credit repair company to do your stuff for you. They can't do any more for you than you can do for yourself for free. And you can have a lot of fun doing it too.

There is a lot of great information here and there is some bad information here too. You just have to sift out the wheat from the chaff.

Figure out for yourself who knows what they are talking about and who don't. Then make up your own mind about what you want to do and how you want to go about it.

Lots of luck and welcome to the board.