Poll: Who's your most annoying....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Current creditor telemarketer????

Hands down has to be CITIBANK, although I am quite pleased with their cards and overall service, they call atleast once a week, usually once to talk to me and the other to talk to hubby.

Sneaking in at strong second has to be Discover, I have only had their card for 3 months and they have called 3+ times already grrrrrrr.

Now my all time favorites:)

Don't laugh , but providian has NEVER called me to solicit anything at all for over 2 1/2 years.

And Amex has never called me to solicit either, however they have tried when I have called to talk with them regarding and account issue.

So who gets on your last nerve???????

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hi Mom,
    Wow, you and I got the cards about the same time and I never get called from Citi. Maybe I gave them a fake # by mistake :)

Actually come to think of it, no one calls me...I am so lonely all of a sudden.

Hope all else is going well with you.

-Peace, Dave

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Creditor: Discover, hands down. One day they called me a total of seven times..I went off on the last girl that telephoned me. They always try selling me the same thing...credit life insurance.

Non creditor: Qwest & MCI (it's a tie)

Dani

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I squashed all that with privacy act opt-outs on nearly every account I have, including opting out from internal offers. Before the opt-out, the worst for me was by far Household Bank, with a close second by Capital One.

But just last week, I told a Chase telemarketer rep off (I opted in with them b/c I'd love to get info on a Chase mortgage one day) b/c she told me that the credit protection insurance packet - which I purposely DECLINED when activating the account - was on it's way to my house, and that it was up to me to cancel in 30 days if I didn't want it (translate =I would be charged for it if I did nothing), and she just wanted to verify my address to send it to me.

I told her that Chase already had my address, and thus I didn't need to give it to her, that I had already declined the insurance, and that I didn't appreciate her putting a charge on my account that I never asked for, and tricking me in the conversation into giving my address as consent.

I then hung up, called Chase and told a supervisor that if the charge showed on my account, I would close it immediately. I expected better from Chase.

5. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

Allied Industries is the worst for me. They all ALL the time and I have just sent them letters requesting they don't call. I hope they comply. LOL Next is AT&T for me. I switched to them and got a 3 day bill for 59.56. I REFUSE to give them any money until they correct it.

6. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I got so sick of solicitations that I went to the Direct Marketers Assoc site and opted out of Telephone Marketing. I had already opted out of Mail Marketing because I had thought they were partly responsible for my co-mingled Ex files. Now, I have to get hubby to opt-out, too.

7. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I have privacy manager on my line so we barely have any tele-sales calls. The annoying one has to be SallieMae though - they called to "just leave a message - letting us know about a new job web site sponsored by SallieMae." Totally annoying. I LOVE privacy manager. :) For anyone interested it's offered by Southwestern Bell and probably any other SBC company (pac bell, etc. etc.).

8. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I have had really good luck in getting rid of these calls by simply saying politely, "I'm not interested, please put me on your do-not-call list, thank you" and hanging up. They will say it takes a while to get this done, but I very seldom hear from them again.

9. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

amex business gold. They keep on calling me to ask me who I want to add as a AU.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I just got the "easy hang up" plug in thingy - Big Lots had them for $1.99!!

When a call comes in on my caller ID as "out of area," I push the button and an authoritative male voice says, "I'm sorry, this number does not accept this kind of call. Please consider this your notice to put this number on your do not call list."

If I'm not home they get the answering machine, and then my Mom hits the button, LOL. She's a tad slow on the draw.

11. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

No creditor really calls me. Every great once in a while Citibank will call but that's it.

As far as non creditors are concerned, the ones that BLOW ME UP are Pacific (Southwestern) Bell. They are my local telephone provider. I get so sick of them calling. They call EVERY DAMN DAY to get me to add on more features like call forwarding, etc. I actually was home today to take one of their calls (on the ID it comes up as "Missouri Call") and I told them to STOP CALLING. Next is AT&T long distance. Every since I switched to MCI back like a year and a half ago, they will not stop calling. They send me live checks in the mail to get me to switch back. The last check was for $45. Before that they were only for $20. I remember one time back in 93 they sent me a check for $75 to switch. I'm thinking about switching because MCI had p*ssed me of with their cellular service.

12. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

MP -- I started using www.onesuite.com for long distance (2.9 cents per minute!). You do have to dial an 800 number first, but they pick up the number you're calling from, and if you're calling from home you don't need to enter any codes or anything. Now, whenever I get one of those long distance checks from any long distance carrier, I cash them and laugh. I don't really care who my long distance provider is as long as I can dial the 800 number with them.

I've made about $125 from these checks this year. That's enough for over 4300 minutes of long distance at 2,9 cents a minute. :)

13. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Capital One.

Associates gas cards.