Positive Post

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Jan 25, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Just received an e-mail from Citibank offering me 6.9% for balance transfers for the entire life of the transfer.

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Dave,
    Great News

How long have you been with Citibank?
    Platium?
    Limit?

Thanks, I will be looking for mine

Dave wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Just received an e-mail from Citibank offering me 6.9% for balance transfers for the entire life of the transfer.

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I've been a Citibank Platinum Select cardmember for 3 months. My current limit is only $2500, probably because I'm a student and my income is thus lower than many other plat. select cardholders. My credit reports are pristine; I hope to keep them that way!

4. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Great job... Good for you...If you were my kid I'd kiss ya.

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Dave, your credit must be excellent, Congratulations. My offer was for 7.9% APR. My wife did get one for 5.9% APR.

http://www.creditsense.com

6. creditwork

Great, keep it that way. My limit is $9000 and I have been a member since '93. It pays to exercise your credit, but do it responsibly. Patience, discipline and a credit sense approach can make your limits much higher.

7. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Citibank says they have no balance transfer offers for me. I've been with them for 6 years, and have a platinum card with a limit of $16,700. My regular interest rate is 14.4% (hopefully 13.9% now that prime has gone down to 9%)

8. Telsor9

Telsor9 Guest

Hold out for better. A friend got 3.9% until paid off, I get 4.9% until paid off. 6.9%, well, that's just not really close to the best they can do.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

congrats!

Dave wrote:
    -------------------------------

10. creditwork

Interesting. Have you ever used their card?
    Have you ever carried a balance?
    What has been your highest balance?

11. the other

I use their card all the time. My balance has varied from between 0 to a little over 16k in the past 6 years. I have carried a balance most months, again varying in amount.

For example:
    April was about
    May statement balance was 8
    June was about 70.
    July was about 220
    August was about 850
    September was about 16,000
    October was about 15,800
    November was about 15,700
    December was about 16,000
    January was about 14,000
    Currently about 175

That's as far back as I have handy. Those balances include payments and purchases from the previous month's balance.

The only offer they give me is a transfer at my purchase apr waiving any balance transfer fees.

I use this and my Blue card for most of my purchasing, and my other cards for their balance transfer rates. Of course my Blue card I can only use for smaller purchases because the limit is only 2k.

12. the other

Also, I've called them periodically over the past year or so to ask for a balance transfer rate, and not once have they had one available for me.

13. the other

I called again (after calling earlier this week). The rep. I spoke to said she would have balance transfer checks mailed to me. She said sometimes that will cause the system to make something available to me that the computer isn't currently showing. She said their is a 4.9 for 12 months that she is hoping might get attached to the checks, but it also might not.