Positive results already!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 1, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Going on the conversations I saw here, I decided to try and improve my ratios and interest on a couple credit cards. Every card I tried I got something!
    Cap 1 KMart--interest down to 15.9% from variable 18.9% since 11?/00
    Cap 1 Classic-- $300.00 increase Since 03/00(was only $200.00)
    Citibank Visa-- $1000.00 increase (was 3200.00)since 94?
    I'm going to try for interest on the Citibank and $$ on the Kmart card next month!
    Woo-hoo! Thanks guys! Any other suggestions? You're doing me pretty good so far!
    am

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

BTW ,the cap 1 customer service lady was snotty and said NO to anything at all so I asked for "retention" she said it wasn't a request that she would neccesarily grant and I so I had to counter with "are you refusing to transfer me to the retention department?" and she said of course not, one moment please! The retention lady was wonderful and since she said she coudn't increase the line of the Kmart card (could only lower the interest) could she do anything else for me if I had another card with them? So, she pursued the CL increase, I thought I had to call another number!
    Okay, done talking yout ear off now! Can ya tell I'm jazzed or what?
    :)

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about the reps being snooty. I havenot spoken to retention at any credit card companies yet. I am waiting to get my credit tip top shape and then starting 'acting the fool' on the phone, with my bad self.

Congratulations with your improvements today.

roni