Positive Tradelines - Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am a junum member since March 2001. Recently, I have received TU Report and found out that my 3 positive tradelines got deleted.

This makes me very upset. I am trying to rebuilding my credit but it got deleted.

Aux

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Junum are still clueless about TU's policy.

Just call TU, ask for a Senior Associate, explain the problem and ask that they manually re-add the items. Call 5 times if you have to - evetually they'll do it.

In the case of TU, if a tradeline is generally positive, don't bother correcting it w/ them since they tend to remove it entirely. Not only that, but they'd make it a "hard" delete, meaning even if the creditor tried to re-insert, it wouldn't go through. In such cases you're better off taking it w/ the creditor.

Saar

3. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks saar, but two of them are Amex (AU Accounts) and 1 Chase (Individual account). If I am just AU how can I explain to creditor? I thought only Primary card holder only can do that. They are all generally positive.

Thanks

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Just call Trans Union and demand to have those re-inserted without dealing with the creditor. They'll do it, though you want to be careful in your answer if they ask you why you disputed those lines in the first place. If Junum said they were "not mine" via a letter, then you will have a tough time explaining that away - if a rep asks why you want to put them back on.

That's why Junum is so wrong to do this to its clients. Surely their employees can look at a tradeline and see whether anything is wrong with it or not. How incompetent.

In the worst case scenario, if TU doesn't reinsert the tradelines or you don't want to arouse suspicion, then "lose" your credit cards and ask for a new account number from your creditors. They will begin to be reported to TU again, but you'll lose the "reviewed for ___ months" history you had. I think I might "lose" my cards if I were you. When I disputed a positive line with TU - I didn't deny ownership but was trying to fix something else. So, it was valid for me to demand its re-insertion.

5. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks Merci,

I did e-mail Junum and got reponse that they did NOT disputes those items. I was wondering how can I get a nupdate and got positive tradelines deleted without any dispute letter?? Suddenly, TU deleted? or Junum lie?

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Junum is lying b/c it doesn't want to lose your business. They are not dealing with the fact that they have set up some kind of software that allows for positive line disputes and that they are not training whomever they are hiring to write the letters or fill out the dispute forms. You are not the first person nor will you be the last to have this problem.

I guarantee you that they DID dispute those as "not mine", and the companies deleted them b/c you are an AU on the accounts and not a primary card holder. AUs are often reported with the primary accounts number on the AUs report, though they really shouldn't be. So if a CC company sees the dispute, then they often delete.

To make these kinds of mistakes, Junum is just as bad as the CRA wrt competency.

7. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks Marci for your response,

They also told me to send them an updated from TU and they will try to re-insert those items for me. So far I am a member since March 2001 and got 3 delettions. I will wait to see the result for a while if there is no progress I will cancel the membership.

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Same Thing Happened To Me...

After I got my round 3 results from Junum, they somehow managed to get my perfect Macy's trade deleted from TU! If it was any other card, I would just report it lost to get a new one, etc. Macy's is different. When you loose your card, they send you another one and only the last number is different. So, on their cards you have your account number that looks something like this:

1234567891 0
    (account #) (level of issue)

So when you loose your card, they send you another one that looks like this:

1234567891 1

Mine looks something like this:

1234567891 3

I've lost my card quite a few times over the last 9 years! So getting a new card in this case wouldn't help me. I could contact Macy's and tell them to re-insert it. I'll wait a few months to see what happens.

9. bfllover

bfllover Well-Known Member

I just joined junum--I have 22 positive accounts and 4 or 5 negative(depending on which cra is pulled)they are all 30 day late and 1 60--all about 5 or 6 years old.I was sorry to read you only 3 deleted since May.I hope I get mine deleted within 3 months.I hope they do not have the practice of dragging their feet in order to get more monthly fees>

10. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

I was wondering how junum will re-insert those positive tradelines for me.

Anyway, I have 4-5 negative on each credit report so far got 2 deleted from Equifax and 1 from TU. For experian NO progress at all.