Possible CCB Toll-Free

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Don, Apr 18, 2000.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Try this one...800-750-9977...rumblings are..it works...

2. BOB

BOB Guest

RE: CCB PHONE # CANCELLED

DON, The number you refer to has be turned off. CROOKS COUNTRY BANK was not able to
    charge 50 cents for each inquiry on this #
    so they cancelled it. What this really means
    is CCB wasn't able to screw their customers
    out of more money. My guess is that they are hurting over losing customers and this is a way to squeeze more money out their current
    customers. Good ol CCB where they love to
    shaft their customers.

3. Len

Len Guest

Bob, I pray you are right about Cross Country losing customers. They have victimized far too many people and gotten away with it.

4. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: The crooked swine are stil

In my opinion very doubtful.

I have yet to see a public announcement on CCB's part regarding any loss of market share or financial losses for that matter.

You'll find this is usually the case with CROOKED COMPANIES, where even after losses from a long overdue class-action suit or government investigation leading to heavy fines they all pale in comparison to the HUGE amount of $$$ these companies have stolen.

While in the "prime" market consumers can dump a crooked operation such as First USA (that is until their bank gets bought out by them) and obtain another card, the "sub-prime" market is somewhat limited and a consumer has little recourse if Cross Country was all they were able to get.

For example, First Premiere, requires pay slips and a utility bill in your name (if your sharing an apartment your outta luck).

The sad fact is most sub-primers wind up with an FNCC, Providian or Crooks Country credit card because they insist on having an unsecured card no matter how much of a rip-off the card is nor how much they will be ripped off in the future.

There needs to be far more education on these credit sites as to the benefits and good credit practise of a 'good' secured card.

5. BOB

BOB Guest

Lets just say I heard it from someone who should know, also the fdic in kansas city
    want everyone with a complaint to send it to them they are starting an investigation
    on them, the gentleman I talked to said
    they have been compiling data on them for awhile. If anyone needs the address let me know and i'll post it. The sooner we hurt
    their business enough, maybe they will be forced to lay off or fire some of their
    crooked employees, it doesn't matter which
    employees because their all crooked.

6. Grifter

Grifter Guest

Unfortunately, the recent Sunday News Journal (Wilm,DE) stated that while most banks are having difficulty finding new customers, CCB & other subprime lenders are actually gaining ground on the industry leaders. We'll have to wait & see how this turns out.

Also note: There are a lot of posts on this board advising readers to complain to the FDIC. The FDIC does not regulate or have juridiction over credit card banks. Complaints should be referred to the Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC) or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), depending on
    whether the bank is a state or national (NA)bank. Good luck.

7. Len

Len Guest

RE: The crooked swine are stil

I agree, Steven. A good secured card is the only way to go when one is serious about rebuilding credit.
    Very nice metaphor in your subject line!

8. GS

GS Guest

GRIFTER, i'm sorry but I think your wrong.
    As far as CROOKS COUNTRY BANK goes the FTC
    has turned the investigation over to the FDIC
    there are funds in this bank that have to be covered by the FDIC so they do have some authority over the matter. That's what I was told by an attorney that works with the FDIC
    on occasions. I may be wrong, but I trust this guy even though he's an attorney.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member

The FTC told me to file a complaint with the FDIC, as they DO have jurisdiction over CCB..they are pursuing my complaint now...the FTC has no interest in the issue..

Sorry, everyone, about the number...I thought it was a new incarnation of the old one...

10. Russell

Russell Guest

RE: CCB and FDIC

Does anyone out there have an email address or any kind of address where I can lodge a complaint against CCB with the FDIC? I have had it and want to do something. Maybe I'll contact my local TV station...they love to do stories on crooked companies!