Postman thinks I'm nuts!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Okay, I do lots of paperwork from the study in my house. The window gives a clear view...especially of my mailbox at the end of the walk.

Ever since I started rectifying my credit reports and re-establishing my credit to prime level, I've been watching that mailbox like a hawk!

Who knows what goodies will be deposited into them on any given day!

It could an updated credit report with a heavy-duty derog deleted!

Could be a prime credit card pre-approval!

Could be a credit limit increase, or a brand spanking new credit VISA, Cobalt Card, AMEX, Discover, or MasterCard!

Could be a fancy Nordstrom sparkly card, or Saks, or the target with the 10% off.

Could be a ChexSystems letter confirming a deletion, or new checking account checks.

I tell you true, it feels like Christmas this Summer! Even when it's not so good news ("we've investigated and it has been verified""), the daily mail still gives me soemthing new to sink my teeth into: give me reason to gear up for another round of online USPS certified r/r letters, or an email campaign on PFB or a reason to warm up the fax machine.

Monday, I called the local postmaster to file a complaint because the mail didn't arrive until 7:35pm when it's supposed to arrive between 11:30am and 12:30pm. Every other day, if I'm home, I dash out to grab the "goodies" just as the carrier drives away. By the next morning, I've reloaded my mailbox with letters of reply, reports going to Junum or pre-approval acceptances.

When I get home, I check the mail before the phone messages. This could get to be addictive!

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

....I scour magazines while in the checkout lines looking for tips and specials I can pass along to this forum.

I collect credit card apps at airports and banks so I can compare them later.

Somebody stop me before I burst!

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You really are Hope(ing), aren't you?

(LOL)

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Right there with you, Hope! I admit sometimes those credit card offers can also put some humor in your day (the terms on some can be a joke!). Opening the mail box is like opening a Christmas present.

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I know! I know!

I save the really good offers. BUT even better, I save the realllllly bad offers, too!

They give me chuckle on "rainy days"! And I can pat myself on the back and feel hoity-toity for "knowing better"!

6. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I received a Platinum Discover Card offer good until January 2002 (do they know I am working on my credit). It made me feel good to know that some marketer knows me even though I have opted-out of everywhere. I am waiting on Experian to give me some news. It's been over 30 days and I sent them that letter on 8/6 and still haven't heard anything. Now if I can get my dad who has the FICO of 1million to put me on as an authorized user on some card, I think that I will be moving right along!!!

7. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

LOL...It must be something in the air in DFW because when I read this,I laughed at myself.You absolutely hit a nerve when you said that you check mail before phone messages(I run to bathroom to handle my business MEANWHILE reading my daily grab).

This allows for me to handle what I need then & there instead of when I'm kicking back later on trying to unwind.

Love & Kisses,
    Sister Girl

8. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Yep! I've come to automatically recognize that plain white envelope with the Wilmington, DE return address.

But, do you also squeeze the envelope al over to see if there's a rigid rectangular ogject in there!

Teehee!

9. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

I used to check my mail like once a week. Now, I'm driving home during my lunch break. It's such a big disappointment when all that's in there is coupons ;)

10. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Girl,you know it (start on the right & work my way left(lol).

Sister Girl

11. cable666

cable666 Well-Known Member

Gee. I would NEVER say anything bad to a postman.

Where do you think the term "Going Postal" came from?

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh, y'all are terrible. I don't do any of this. NOT

breeze

13. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Raise your hand if you have ever left work to come home and check the mail. Ha ha ha. I thought so!!

14. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Monday when the mail was so late, I was pacing the floor (in between eating dinner and such) and cheking the mailbox, just in case he'd sneaked by without me seeing him.

Kept asking "where could he be?"

My boyfriend teased me "she's having withdrawal symptoms!"

15. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Perhaps one of those upscale rehab centers will allow us to enroll. I could use a full body massage. Maybe even get Ben's autograph.

Mike G.

16. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Everybody sing in unison now!

Ohhhh Where oh where could my little postman beeeeee???
    Oh where oh where could he have gone

LOL

17. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO!!!!

I'm hooked! I'm hooked!

18. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

With his route cut short
    And his hours so long

Oh whhhhhhhheere, oh whhhhheere could he be!!

19. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! I'm a certified member The Check The Mail Box Club!!! I always know when he's been there!! Monday he didn't show up until after 5 pm and I was getting antsy!!! Ha Ha! It's good to know I'm not as crazy as I think I am. Maybe I am normal!

Thanks everybody!

20. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

So, I've gone back to work...and long about 2:30, I start getting so grouchy. Why? The mail arrives about 3 and I don't get out until 3:20. I work about 20 minutes from home so I have to get there...and then haul butt to the mailbox. Today, I almost took my hubby's arm off scooting past him as he leisurely walked to the curb to get the mail...I DON'T THINK SO...that is my domain, buddy!! Teehee