Postman thinks I'm nuts!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

When I'm out of town I have to call my teenage daughter and have her check all my mail, tell me what's there, etc. I never, ever did this before! She wants extra in her allowance now for being my mail "secretary." Yep, I gave her $$ to build a website at homestead.com in exchange for her mail duties. LOL

2. poobybear

poobybear Well-Known Member

I really thought that I was the only one! I feel better now.

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Okay now, anytime now today....

But it's raining, and that usually slows him down.

but it's not Monday when he has so much extra to deliver, so maybe... any minute now...

What'll it be today? The suspense is killing me!

4. poobybear

poobybear Well-Known Member

Hope-

As long as he doesn't let the mail get wet - I hate that!

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

It won't get wet today! I'm home, so it'll never get the chance to get wet!

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Mine's here already!! :p

I got cash advance checks, and an invitation to use them at the current cash advance terms. LOL.

breeze

7. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I jealous, your mails there already.

Well, don't even think about using that cash advance instead of the "CobaltCard" trick!

<Tapping my fingers, here. Might have to look up the street to see if he's turning the corner...>

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Take down your mail box and remove the post you now have and replace it with one of those used power poles you can sometimes get for free from the telephone company or the light & power company and mount you two video cameras one pointing each way at the top of the pole.
    Then attach your mailbox to the pole and run the outputs to a bank type video recorder and a pair of video monitors mounted in each room and the garage. Install infrared detector beams inside the mail box so that if the mailbox door is opened a large klaxon horn sounds and red lights start flashing all over the house.

Install a high chain link fence all around the yard and right up to the mailbox and turn a few German Shepards loose in the yard. Add a couple of pit bulls and rotweilers for good measure.

After that, I venture to say that while you may very well end up broke feeding the dogs, you ought to be well advised when the mailman comes to the door.

And just think of all the puppies you can sell to help offset the costs!!!!

If you need any more idiotic suggestions, don't ask me. I just ran out of them. For the time being at least.

LOL

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hahaha!

Hope, I done need no stinkin' cash advances.

Not now, anyway.

breeze

10. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Le pant! Le pant! Le pant!

Here he comes! He's headed down the other side of the street!

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

ARF! ARF!
    BOWWOW! BOWWOW! BOWWOW!

12. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Okay, here are the "goods"! I have here:

1) One credit limit increase decline for Citi AAdvantage World MasterCard for balances too high. (Mind you I'm going to dispute that as Citi is showing the credit limit at $0, with a $2,400 balance. Also Cap1 graciously is NOT report my limit either.)

By the way, I just got that dang card mid-July and they did a hard inquiry for this increase denial. What's up with that?

2) One authorized user card for Nordstrom with a $2,000 limit. Yippee!

3) One acknowledgment from ChexSystems that they are having my dispute investigated by the "appropriate personnel". (I'll bet there's 7 of them in that cubicle.)

One coupon for the new dentist down the street (Which I'd been hoping for because I wanted to change, but lost the first coupon.)

Also FedEx brought my new computer speakers and Airborne brought my AMEX traveler's cheques (24 hours later).

And you all...??????

13. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I got some letters from friends, and credit-related:

a pre approved unsecured gold Visa card offer from Cross Country Bank...

I've been urged to run so I likely will rip it up.

14. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

In my mailbox today I got:
    * Home Depot Circular
    * RPO Flyer (Orchestra)
    * Invitation to apply for a Volkswagen Beetle (Need car, not that small)

Tomorrow's another day. Ho-hum.

15. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Only my AT&T Wireless phone bill.....

Sister Girl

16. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Let's see yesterday I received an invitation to apply for a Chase Platinum, my husband's FCNB bill, and some junk mail from a realtor.

Today I received an invitation to apply for a Discover Platinum card, a confirmation that I changed my 401K access password, an application for a debit card from one of my credit union's (them idiots, I already filled out an application, started my direct deposit, now what does it take to get my darned debit card!), and an invitation to try Earthlink for three months.

Why do they only send invitation for Platinum cards these days? There is no way in heck I would qualify for one of these with a Chap. 7 BK a year ago! I am going to have to check my reports to see where these promo inq. they must be pulling are coming from.

By the way, where is my Equifax update? Sent out proof of indentity and address a little over a month ago!

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I just got an add for the people who used to live here..and it wasn't even a good one. :(

GRRRRRR

18. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Well I don't have anything near that elaborate! But I was at the hardware store yesterday and they have, get this, a wireless gizmo like the ding-dong things at convenience stores and you put the "detector" in your mailbox and when the mailbox gets opened, "ding-dong" goes the receiving unit in the house! It's like a baby monitor for the mailbox!

19. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Sounds a bit more practical to me.

20. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Ooh, I like that hardware store thing!

Another rainy day, so he realllllllly used that as an exuse and was 2 hours late. I try to look casual and nonchalant as I "stroll" to the mailbox. (You know, like "oh, is the mail here already? Well I guess maybe I'll go get it/")

The guy across the street is an IRS account who works from home most of the time. I just know he gets a kick out of me appearing at the mailbox seconds after the carrier drives away, so everyday I try to look just that much more nonchalant.

Today's grab bag brought a preliminary letter from the incurance company telling me my settlements being processed and should be in my bank account within 2 weeks!

Another was my first Orchard Bank MasterCard bill. Only thing on it was the dang $59 annual fee and I already paid it online because you guys scared me so much about their shady practices!

There's a thick pack of coupons...a couple of which I could really use. Think I'll order out pizza tonight and use the dry cleaning one later.

Interesting this dry cleaner give AAdvanatage miles at a 1-to-1 basis. Now I'm just wondering if I use my Citi AAdvantage card, do I get double?? How does that work somebody?

Got a Citi AA bill which I'll pay in full. Bastards aren't reporting the limit which is totally screwing with my scores.

Got an Eddie Bauer catalog and a $10 certificate inside which I almost threw away, but remembered not to as warned on http://www.flyertalk.com, frequent flyer forum.

Still no Trans Union update and they're running out of time, as by their own admission, they got the dispute on July 19th.

Well that's all in my mailbox for today. But tomorrow is another day!