Potentially Negative Items

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lilmoney, Apr 15, 2001.

1. lilmoney

lilmoney Guest

Ok, I just pulled up a credit report from experion. This was listed under the Potentially Negative Items. I paid this account off with no late pays and early payoff. So what is potentially Negative about this listing?? What should I do about it??

HEILIG MEYERS

Address:
    XXXXXXX
    XXXXXXX

Account Number:
    XXXXX

Transferred/Paid.

Status Details:
    This account is scheduled to continue on record until 10-2002.

Date Opened:
    11/1997
    Type:
    Installment

Reported Since:
    04/1999
    Terms:
    22 Months

Date of Status:
    10/2000
    Monthly Payment:
    $0

Last Reported:
    10/2000
    Responsibility:
    Joint with XXXXXXX

Credit Limit/Original Amount:
    $1,446

High Balance:
    NA

Recent Balance:
    NA

Recent Payment:
    NA

Creditor's statement: Account transferred to another lender.

2. Lionel

Lionel Guest

make sure you have nothing else with the joint signer for Helig. Call their credit dept with the accuont number on the credit report to see what their records show, then file a dispute with experian since a paid account should not be a negative.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Happened to me

This happened to me a few months back, I had perfect history the account was closed it good standing.

Helig Meyers filed BK last year and sold their accounts to another company, unfortunately the BOZOS at Experian thought this may be a potential negative account now, why I asked, they hadn't a clue!!.

Anyway call Experian and demand that this account be put back in the postive account status, it took one phone call from me and they put in back where it belonged.

4. lilmoney

lilmoney Guest

Re: Happened to me

First on my list tomorrow is to give Experian a call. I hope this is all I need to solve this. I was quite surprised that I had 6 possitive and 4 neg, only 1 neg being deserved. But I have been turned away from credit and even had to give a depsite for my cell phone. I really pay my debts on time and thought I had pretty good credit till this.