PRE-APPROVED AMEX CASH DENIED

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Apr 19, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WELL, CALLED TODAY ON THE AUTOMATED LINE SINCE IT WAS COUNTDOWN DAY ZERO...

Got the bad news...DENIED...I would have never "APPLIED" unless I could get it "PRE-APPROVED".

SAID "ACCEPT PRE-APPROVED OFFER"...BUT I WAS DECLINED...

SO I WILL CALL TO CLOSE THE BLUE ACCOUNT, SINCE I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO HAVE A "PRE-APPROVED" PLATINUM CASH BACK CARD, I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO HAVE MY BLUE EITHER (OR WHEN I GET THE DENIAL LETTER, I WILL TAPE THE BLUE CARD TO IT AND SEND IT BACK)...

I guess my DUMPING of DISCOVERCARD WILL NOT HAPPEN IN JULY AFTER ALL!!!

I'M A LITTLE TICKED!!!

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: PRE-APPROVED AMEX CASH DE

George,

You'll get over it.

When you do, see why they did it. Your problem is not w/ Amex, it's w/ your score.

Also, you can have the denial overridden either by asking a New Accounts supervisor to review it, or by calling Amex M.O.R.E. 1-800-947-8192 and asking to transfer $2K (or more) from the Blue credit line to the Platinum Cash Rebate.

Saar

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I KNOW 690 IS BAD, BUT IT SAID "ACCEPT PRE-APPROVED OFFER" I thought it was really pre-approved, like AMEX NEVER LIES.

4. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Amex never lies?

George, why do you think this? Amex is credit card company. Sure, it's not a scumbag or scam operation. But it's still a credit-card company, and I think even Jason said its preapproved don't always mean preapproved.

5. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I agree with Saar. Wait for the denial, then see what they say. I'm sure it can be overridden. Tell them you want to transfer a balance too! It's better to stay with AMEX, you have more leverage that way.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY KNOW I WANTED TO TRANSFER A BALANCE...I FILLED IN THE 3.90% SCREEN TO PAY DISCOVERCARD AND FIRST USA OFF...

7. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

I do not understand why if you are not eligible for platinum cash rebate you need to dump your Blue? Do you think that the platinum card is better than Blue? If you really want it, call new accounts and tell them to switch the line of credit from blue over to a new platinum cash rebate account. Don't through in the towel until you find out WHY you got denied. It took me almost 2 years to get my first AMEX card and had perfect credit. I know that it is frustrasting, but at least find out why, i.e. income, inquiries, too many open lines, too many balances, etc. R

8. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Is the cash rebate card the hardest AMEX credit card to get? Or is it at the same level as Blue or Optima Platinum? I've heard that the rebate card is a type of Optima card.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,
    I'm sorry to hear about it. They denied my Gold Card applicvation last year because I got preoult charge-off acoounts with them. I'm surprised that you got denied because you currently have a couple of Amex cards with them.

Ron.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JASON--AMEX REP

I WAS GOING TO DUMP THE BLUE TO TELL THEM THEY MADE A MISTAKE...IF THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE ME TWO CARDS...THEY DON'T WANT ANY OF MY BUSINESS.

11. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

AmEx Cash Rebate Card

George,

Sorry to hear that AmEx deceived you. That doesn't mean you should close both accounts.

You may have overreacted because they got your hopes up and then let you down. But can't you still enjoy your Blue Card? And don't you want to dump Discover and First USA eventually? Then hang in there with AmEx.

12. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Re: AmEx Cash Rebate Card

"I KNOW 690 IS BAD...."

What are you talking about?! I have a 685, and have an American Express Platinum charge, and American Express Optima Platinum..

Don't take a denial personally... The universe is trying to tell you something..

13. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

George,
    you are being a little irrational here---you assume that becaue AMEX denied you the cash rebate that they do not want your business any more?? I think it is the other way around---you are pissed at them and want "to show them who is boss." NOt sure why you want the cash rebate so bad that are have a cow that you did not get it. Still wondering what the deinal reason was????

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HAVEN'T GOT LETTER YET.

YES I'M TICKED OFF...I WANTED THE AMEX CASH REBATE CARD...SO I CAN DUMP DISCOVERCARD!!!

DID YOU FORGET???
    YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE SAID DUMP DISCOVERCARD.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IT SAID: "ACCEPT PRE-APPROVED OFFER"...I THOUGHT "PRE-APPROVED" MEANT IT WAS A DONE DEAL AT AMEX...

I'm NOT a first time AMEX card holder...
    BLUE 18 months.

ALSO WAS AN AMEX GOLD CARD HOLDER ~ (10 YEARS AGO)...