Pre-approved capital one gold

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Dec 16, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

A while (short) i mentioned i got a pre-approved offer for a capitalone gold card after having a capital one secured card for 9 months. It came today. Whopping $500 limit, but hey, its gold and pretty, and unsecured.

I'll think i'll stop using my green capitalone now :)

Maybe in about 2.5 years i will qualify for the cap 1 platinum :)

ciao folks.

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Pre-approved capital one g

SAM! Congrats - they are a good company - just pay on time and don't bounce checks or go overlimit.

I got AMEX after they saw 2 yrs of excellent payments with Cap One. I'm happy for you :)

Dogman

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Great progress!

Don't just close the secured account. Wait 3 more months (till it's 1 year old), call Retention and ask to unsecure it.

Remember, to get an Amex (and other cards I'm sure), you normally need to have at least one 2-year-old tradeline. If you close it now, you're resetting the 2-year clock, instead of using it to your advantage.

Good luck!

Saar

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Way to go Sam. It may only be a $500 limit, but as you said "it's gold, it's pretty and it's unsecured". And it's a step in the right dirction. Keep it up! I don't know if you read my post on FNBMarin the other day, but I just got the preapproved MC they give after you have the secured visa for 1 year, only I've had the partially secured visa for 9 months so I was very surprised to get it so soon.

5. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

Just hope that in 2.5 years Cap 1 doesn't reduce the starting Credit limit on the Platinum Card to 1000.00 :) Congrats on the Gold!

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

some plat's are $1k

Citibank platinum is only $1k, shame :) My gf with only 6 months of credit gets a platinum too :(

Amex still sticks to the same prestige models. It's very very hard to get a platinum amex charge :)

7. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

RE: some plat's are $1k

If ya wanna get technical... some Platinums are only 200.00... The Bankfirst Action Card has a Platinum with an extremely low limit.