pre-approved credit cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tessa, Mar 21, 2001.

1. tessa

tessa Guest

I just received a pre-approved credit card offer for a visa platinum from providian. its has a minimum $5000
    credit line, 9.99% stanard APR, 0% til august,no fee ever.
    I think this sounds great!
    What I want to know is why I got it.
    I have one perfectly clean credit report, but the other two are a disaster. (collections, charge-offs)
    I am on a family members charge card, she has wonderful credit. could they have mistaken me for her?
    The question is , if I try to accept the offer, will I get the card? Won't they check my other two credit reports? I'm excited, want this card, but don't know if I should go for it.
    thanks!
    Also, if providian an okay company?

2. T.Y.

T.Y. Guest

They use Experian.

3. tessa

tessa Guest

when is CR pulled?

Have they already pulled the Experian report? Or do they do thay if I accept the pre-approved offer?

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have the Aria platinum from them nice line and great rate, I haven't had any problems with them, although some people have had major problems with them, it's like with most banks some hate and some love them.

Providian most likely pulled a soft inquiry on your clean report to send you this preapproval, not sure if they will pull the same one once you apply, sometimes bank pull different ones than they initially looked out. I guess you can send it in and hope they pull the same one, they probably will. The other poster mentioned they pulled Experian, it all depends on where you live, providian pulled Equifax for me.

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I applied for an Aria. Providian pulled Experian AND Transunion.