Pre-Approved Gold Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Gwen, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Gwen

Gwen Guest

About three weeks ago, I applied for a credit card from First National Credit. I missplaced or lost the paperwork since. I think it was VISA, but I'm not positive.

Today, I received an "Acceptance Certificate" from them for a Gold Card with a $15,000 Credit Amount and 0% Intro APR. But, it does not mention balance transfers, cash advances, etc. It also says that I can use it immediately upon receipt for all purchases from the credit provider. It states that I am guaranteed approval and have reserved card in my name.

Also, to receive this new Gold Card I am asked to sign and mail it(Certificate)with a $37 Membership Fee. Could this be an elaborate "Scam"? Is this Credit Provider legitimate? I thought First National Credit had bank affiliations or could they be another type credit provider? I am skeptical about signing it, because there is no fine print to scrutinize. I wish I could provide you info on the first correspondence that I received from them. Please reply ASAP.

I will continue to check them out. But if you know anything about them, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Their address is Pacific Park Plaza 27101 Aliso Creek Rd. Unit 126
    Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

There is no phone number not even 800 one.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance you can give me.

Real Gold or Fools Gold,
    Gwen

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It is a SCAM

Tear that sucker up!!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HERE WE GO AGAIN...

NOT VISA/MASTERCARD

Over priced junk catalogue only purchases!!!

:(

SORRY

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

immediately upon
    receipt for all purchases from the credit provider.

RED FLAG!!!! :(

IF IT SAID "ANYWHERE VISA/MASTERCARD ARE ACCEPTED WORLD WIDE"... :)

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

i hare those offers, I like to keep them on da phone and waste there time and say I am not iterested...haha

6. Gwen

Gwen Guest

I thank you too. It's in the trash!

7. Gwen

Gwen Guest

RE: It is a SCAM

I thought so, but had to make certain. Thank you. :)

8. Gwen

Gwen Guest

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Like they say If it sounds too good to be true... Well, you know the rest. I am glad that CREDITNET.COM was available. I'll keep in mind all that I've learned and definitely PASS IT ON!