PRE-APPROVED GOLD...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Mar 27, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

GOT A PRE-APPROVED CARD FROM CAPITAL ONE TODAY...
    Had a reservation #
    Acess code#

0.00% on purchases till 10/2001

You will NEVER guess the credit line up to $2,000!!!!!!!!
    $72.00 annual fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then 19.80%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE I SHOULD CLOSE MY 3.90% CARD SO I CAN GET THE 19.80% CARD???? I CAN NOW PAY ANNUAL FEES THAT I DON'T NOW PAY...THAT WILL BE GOOD...

MY F.I.C.O. IS ONLY 690.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Capital One is trippin.....

Did it by chance come in a Fed/Ex looking type packaging? That's what happened to me. A pre-approved offer from Capital One came in the mail and it was addressed on the outside as first initial and last name. I thought it was for me so I opened it up and found out that it was for my DAD (he has the same first initial and last name)!!!!!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

regular envelope

APPROVAL DEPARTMENT
    PO BOX...
    RICHMOND VA...

A PRE-APPROVED GOLD MASTERCARD
    IS RESERVED IN YOUR NAME.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Ask Mom to borrow her bunny

5. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Re: Ask Mom to borrow her bunn

Got the same offer, George. They wanted $6 month a la First Premier as a fee for the privilege of doing business with them.

6. Lisa

Lisa Guest

funny.... that's why I'm here today. I've been lurking for a couple weeks and this was gonna be my first question.
    I got an offer like this, pre-approved gold visa
    0.00% apr til Sep. then 19.8 $39 annual fee first year only. I went to getmycard.com with my reservation # and access code it's been over 2 weeks and I havent heard from them.
    Anyone know of a # to contact them ?

Trying to build credit so yea, I need the card.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Phone Numbers

U.S. Customer Relations
    1-800-955-7070

New account questions
    U.S.
    1-800-933-5182

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

LISA

LISA...not laughing at you...just for me with >$100,000 of credit cards and history since 1978 a $72 annual fee with a credit line of "up to" $2,000 and 19.80% is a JOKE FOR ME...

My highest interest rate now is 9.99%...
    Pay no annual fees...
    One card credit line ~ $30,000...

SEE THE JOKE...

:)

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Not Lisa But...

I SEE IT! :cool:

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GEORGE

You never know - the Capital One Visa Gold could raise your credit line by $100 a year for the next 50 years. :)

Don't you frickin love it - c ya dog

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Go for it Lisa

You will get more offers after you take theirs. :)
    If your in VA call 1-800-903-3637

They're a little goofy, but don't let that bother you, hehe. Their card works.

12. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Re: GEORGE

yea I got it :)

I guess I just posted to the wrong thread. I was looking for Capital One info and there are some capital one users here.
    My offer was a little different $39 one time...no fee if I keep the card good...with no lates. I'm ok with that

right now I dont have much credit history and was thinking about a secured card when I got this.
    $39 seems better than $500.
    Honestly I dont care about the credit line.

anyway...thanks

13. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Re: GEORGE

Capital One is a great card to build/rebuild with but it doesn't grow with you. They don't upgrade good accounts even after you've had accounts for years with excellent history. Once you are subprime with them, you always will be. It's the subprime for life card.

14. NEWMAN

NEWMAN Guest

GET THE TRAVELOCITY CARD

GET THE TRAVELOCITY WORLD MASTERCARD I RECEIVED IT AND I HAVE A LOW FICO SCORE. CLICK ON WWW.TRAVELOCITY.COM AND GO TO THE BOTTOM ON REWARDS AND CLICK AND CLICK ONTO MASTERCARD. ITS NEW AND FROM CITIBANK MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN APPROVED AND THIER CREDIT IS FAIR TO BAD. ITS A BEST BET FOR YOU. I RCVD A 5K LIMIT OFF THE BAT WITH NO PRESET LIMIT. MY FIRST PRIME CARD.