preapproved offers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Oct 4, 2000.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Today's mail brought two preapproved offers. One for a classic visa from the associates with a credit limit "up to $4K" and an interest rate of 25.99 but with no annual fee! The other is an MBNA platinum mastercard at 14.9 after the 2.9 teaser rate that expires in January. The MBNA comes with bonus rewards (airline miles basically) and has no annual fee. This is the first rewards card I've seen without an annual fee and I'm thinking of going for it. Anyone have this card and what do you think about it? The associates is a no-brainer. I retrieved it from the trash to be accurate about the terms and to the trash it now returns.

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

scrutinized the MBNA offer. there is no grace period on purchases. the devil is in the details.

3. ble103

ble103 Guest

That is a new one for me.I have a MBNA Platinum plus credit card,and they are not a bad C.C.C.Is this the beginning of a perdiction told alittle time ago about C.C.C.'s Discontinuing their grace peroid on purchase all togeather?If they do such an act what good is it to have a credit card?I would be better off with a debit card.Thanks for the warning on MBNA.I will watch my statements very closley,and hope not for me to get a suprise from them on this kind of wrong doing.

4. SBBURN

SBBURN Guest

dont trash it without shredding it-lol!

5. Michael

Michael Guest

I would advise against MBNA. Too many people I know have had trouble with them. Go for Discover, or a bank card such as Chase. You'll be much better off.