prestige visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by march27, Oct 8, 2001.

1. march27

march27 New Member

first of all hello to you all. i have been watching this board for months and you all are very helpful,thx. now for my stupidity.. 4 days ago i was sucked into the prestige visa 9.9 thing and i applied and even gave balance transfer info. i just saw the fdic insured and did not think about a possible scam. i saw the posts start yesterday and died! what do i do? should i cancel my cards? tell the cra's? if you could be so kind as to tell me the necessary steps i would be forever in your debt. (pun intended)

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I would call my current card companies and tell them what was going on. It's about the same as if someone stole your cards.

3. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Have you heard anything from them yet?

I would inform the card companies to watch, but I would be wary of saying scam yet- just in case.

It doesn't look good, but we still should follow 'innocent before proven guilty'.

Crossing my fingers for you....

Shawn

4. Saar

Saar Banned

I've e-mailed the real Prestige Bank, we'll see what they've got to say.

That bank, BTW, offers a credit card on its website, w/ an entirely different set of terms, and offers no link to the other website.

If you need an answer now, call the real bank (# is on http://www.prestigebank.com) to find out.

Saar

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Scams often use a name similar to a recognized trade name.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I noticed that Saar!
    c ya dogman

7. brad

brad Well-Known Member

March,you only have to call the C.C.CO. that you gave for a reference. They will most likley freeze you card as a lost or stolen.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Do commercial developers use WYSIWYG HTML editors? That site was built with Cool Page.

9. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Sure, commercial developers use any tools available. Plain HTML is one thing, but when you get into animations and javascript, it's easier to 'tool' it out. Especially when you are under deadlines or handling multiple accounts.

Many developers will take the meta<> tag references out to the software, though. (I am assuming you viewed the source to get that info)

Shawn

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes, I looked at it and it is real different from, say application pages on other card sites.

I wasn't referring to the flash show, the scripts are what's really different.

11. march27

march27 New Member

hey again, had to go to work! well capital one was the most helpful of my cards they canceled the card as did fnb brookings but bank of hoven just said to watch it and they have notified fraud. they say that dept also notifies the proper authorities, and i will not be responsible for anything after today. the fdic says they cannot locate a prestige branch in ill. the emails i sent to prestige were answered with a form email (wait so many days for reply). the real prestige bank was closed for the holiday so i could not get through. i will try tomorrow. i guess my other cards are safe but my credit expert says it cannot give score because there are over 100 items and the system cannot handle this. it also says score has gone up 8511 since oct 5 whatever that means. there are 3 inquiries i can see that i did not do so someone is working on me. i will call them tomorrow. fyi cap 1 says there is someone calling cardholders pretending to be a cs rep and telling they have a credit and they need their ss#. just a tidbit. i'll keep you posted.

12. march27

march27 New Member

one more thing, capital one spent 30 mins on the phone with me. i never have to call them but i see sometimes they get a bad rap but she wanted all the info on this bozo i had she took everything from the domain info to the email addresses, and i heard her typing it all to get give to fraud. she also read me back all the notations she added i thought they were great.