Prime heaven = ?? beacon score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Mar 22, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

What is the minimum beacon score in order to start being approved for "primie" cards?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Prime heaven = ?? beacon s

score is relavent to situation.

If you have say a charge off and a score of 720, you may still not get approved.

You might have perfect credit, but not much of it , and get approved with mid 600's.

So it depends on your situation, if you tell us, folks here can advise.

Are you:
    1. Credit newbie?
    2. Credit restoration?
    3. Neither.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Prime heaven = ?? beacon s

You can have a 690 score with too much credit with high income $70,000+ and still be denied.

CITIBANK
    CAPITAL ONE
    JUNIPER

:(

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Credit rebuilder

Equifax beacon score is 579. I've had about 9 "PAID" charge-offs all dated back in 96. 1 "PAID" collection back in 96. 5 positive trade lines: 2 cc accounts R1, 2 accounts I1, 1 account R1 w/ $0 balance.

Hope this helps.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Credit rebuilder

I'M ON THE WAGON...EXCEPT IF I GET A "PRE-APPROVED" CASH BACK AMEX PLAT...I'M GOING FOR IT, SO I CAN DUMP DISCOVERCARD...

Thanks, Lizardking.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: mother2...

Your scenario sounds a lot like mine. I would suggest applying for both gold and silver citibank if one of those charge-off's wasn't them.

You'll need 1+ years residency, high income ($50K+), 1+ years on the job, probably a nice car (they ask!), savings and checkings, blah all the good stuff.

All of my charge offs die in 2003, and i had 9 months of postive credit with cap 1 (aria too) when i applied. It gave me the "7..10 days", i received a denial letter, than the next week got my citibank AA card.

give it a shot.

Don't expect to get any prime approvals with those derogs on your record and that score, though. I think roni had some derogs but like a 700 score (right?) and she got some prime cards, but i've tried them all with my 565 score, and old derogs and got the big fat "DECLINE" except for citi!

good luck!

7. Dallas

Dallas Guest

Sam

roni has paid collections (student loans) fronm 1998. The only prime cards roni got were from Citi and Chase.

She was turned down by EVERYONE ELSE.

prime is hard to get even with a high score if you have charge offs.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Sam

yes but roni got some kick ass lines of credit from citi :) Very prime accounts, and thats a good sign for everyone here. It can be done.

9. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Re: Sam

Sam....

I tried Citi, but was denied. This was pre-Junum success, so how long should I wait before applying for prime? Also, right now, my Equifax is by far, my best report. Thank goodness the area I'm in uses Equifax more often. Oh yeah, I had a Citibank back in college and they closed the account because I fell behind, but I paid it off and it dropped of my credit report last year.