Prime Rate

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me the name of a website where I can find Prime. It's going to start being very important to me with CCs that are based on it.

Also, how often should I check the website? Monthly?

Thanks!

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

3. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Shantel, here's one URL that reports daily.

http://cnnfn.cnn.com/markets/bondcenter/shortterm.html

Remember,most variable cc's reflect the increases in prime almost immediately but start to calculate the decreases only after the statement cycle date.(up to 29 days later)

VJ

4. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

JacquiG , FOMC does not meet once a month(more like 8-10 times /year) and the chairman can change rates between meetings if necessary.

VJ

5. Shantel

Thanks folks!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WITHIN MINUTES...it is on the news...and on this board...

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

VJ,

Sorry, just trying to help. Went to the FOMC website - found out they only meet 8 times a year, some are unscheduled. Next time I guess I'll verify before I open my mouth :)
    No harm done?

8. Shantel

I know when it changes, it's announced, but I don't retain that stuff. If I forget (which is what typically happens), it's nice to have a place to go for a "refresher".

9. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

JacquiG,
    If anyone should be sorry its me.I meant no disrespect to you
    and if I hurt your feelings I deeply regret it.

Its just that I see so much misinformation, bad information and bickering/posturing for position around here lately, I was more sensitive to correcting your post.

I've always valued and enjoyed reading your posts and encourage you to continue to help others whenever you possibly can.
    No harm done...

VJ