principal.com ? Anyone use them

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Sep 22, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Noticed their Free $100 program ($50 for opening a direct deposit online checking account, then $50 for paying bills online).

Also noticed they offer their own visa's.

Anyone know anything bout this bank?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NO.

Can't figure how to find interest rate...

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

5. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

They also bought my mortgage the day I closed!

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They are a very good company - at least what I am familiar with, as an agent. They target business owners and the affluent for their insurance products. Currently they a de-mutualizing so they can become a holding company - hence the branching out into banking, similar to what ING is doing.

The banks got into insurance, so the insurance companies are getting into banking, LOL. The insurance companies didn't want this to go this way, but hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I read somewhere that banks are trying to get legislation changed so that they can broker real estate to effectively cut out realtors. The realtors in my area all work together and heavily inflate the asking prices of the houses. Oh well.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I don't recall reading that, but it sure wouldn't surprise me. more players=more competition. Consumers should benefit from this in many ways.

I know that with insurance, service has suffered, and if you want service you should not buy your insurance from the bank... but who knows. Most consumers prefer lower prices to high levels of service now. Those who need higher service levels have fallen through the cracks.