Privacy Guard and eLoan Scams

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FedUp2003, Aug 4, 2003.

1. FedUp2003

FedUp2003 Well-Known Member

Help!

Okay, I read from another thread on CN where you can go to eloan.com and pull a free credit score and a free credit report. I got the score, they pulled from TU, but when I tried the credit report, the browser session timed out or something, cause it just sat there with an all-white screen for several minutes.

When I "refreshed" it came back and asked me for my account number .... BUT .. I was never given an account number.

That was about 3 weeks ago. About 1 week ago I get a lettter in the mail from ConsumerInfo.com that thanks me for joining CreditCheck monitoring service. As I remember, to get the free credit report from eloan you had to sign up for this service, but the first 30 days were free.

So, this letter has some special "code" that I'm supposed to use the first time I use the service at www.qspace.com, and I can't get logged in!!!

I was assuming I would have used the same username and password that I used on the eloan site to get my credit score, cause I didn't have to create any new or different name/pwd combo to request the credit report, just that I had to give CC info and agree to sign up - getting first 30 days free.

Okay, so the name/pwd I can STILL use to access the free credit SCORE off the eloan page, does not work for obtaining the credit REPORT. There is a link to click in case you forgot and when I did all that, (it even asked me my password hint question and I asnwered) it said that my login info would be emailed to me shortly ...

Well, that was over 9 hours ago, and it still has not shown up in my email!!!!

My 30 days will probably be up in about 1 week, so how did I get 30 days FREE!!???

Also, about 1 hour ago I signed up for PG, and once it was setup and I was issued my username, I went to the link to order the 3 Bureau report and 1 score, but the report never came!

The web page gave me a report number and said report would appear momentarirly, and to not refresh the browser or move forward or backward, etc ... to prevent causing a "double-order"

It said that a button would appear saying "Get Report" ... but it NEVER appeared!!!

I waited for 15 minutes!!!!

I even logged out and logged back in and tried again, and now when I go to the Credit Center link, all I get is a blank page ...!!

Was I too impatient? Should it take over 15 minutes to get the report online? How do I get my 3 Bureau report and my 1 score??

I feel like I'm being ripped off here!!

FedUp2003

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Are you using an older NETSCAPE???

I have less troubles with IE

3. Coda33

Coda33 Well-Known Member

PG had my reports on screen within 2 minutues, and I'm at a snail-like 36 kbps!

4. rubiela10

rubiela10 Member

The first time, I didn't get my CR right away instead I got a message that my code would be mailed to me. Immediately I called their customer service number and the rep. gave me the code to get my report.

Since then it only takes me about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes to get my report.

Have you called customer service yet?

5. FedUp2003

FedUp2003 Well-Known Member

I have not called anyone yet. I work some horrible 3rd shift hours and I'm usually to tired/out of itin the morning when I get home to call them, then usually only have about an hour or so when I get up to call them - it's just that the past couple of days I've had to run my kids places and do other things before the 5:00 or 6:00 pm deadline.

Same thing happened about the code, I got the free score okay, but the other link from the eLoan page to get the credit report, it required a CC and a free 30 evaluation of Credit Check or something ... and the page seemed to "stall" or timeout. I reloaded and this time it asked for my code, but the code was never given to me.

This must be what I received in the mail, but it took like 2 weeks to get to me. Now, I only have about 1 week left before the 30 days is up and I still can't get in.

There is a link to click and fill out your name, email address, and then it asks you your "hint" question, and when done I received a message that my username and password would be emailed to me shortly - but alas, it's been 2 days now and I still don't have it!

I tried the PG when I got to work and it worked fine, but I have the same Windows XP and IE at home as I do at work.

I use Zonelabs freeware firewall software, but I even dis-abled it to see if that was the problem.

Guess I'll have to call the customer rep tomorrow and tell them to go ahead and cancel my account, as the 30 day FREE trial is not worth what they are charging for it, and I'm definetly not going to PAY 39.95 for a service that I can't use.

FedUp2003