Privista, Equifax, Beacon #'s

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Mar 18, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I've been reading and thinking..does anyone who got their scores today have Privista's new service?

I'm wondering because, if I'm reading this right, the scores today tell you what percentage of people have lower scores than you do, right? Privista's new service also tells you what percentage of people have less than you do based on Equifax. I'm wondering if they are comparable??

Thanks to anyone who knows!

2. Ann

Ann Guest

Re: Privista, Equifax, Beacon

Can you elaborate how Privista works, I know you receive your equifax report and it monitors any changes correct?? Does it give you any kind of score like qspace or truecredit??

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hi! I'll try. Privista has 2 services..their new one is Plus ID Guard. It monitors changes every week which gives me an early headsup to the status of my disputes, etc, gives me constant access to my credit report and also gives me my credit rating based on a scale of 100. This scale shows you how your rating compares with the rest of the nation.

So, it made sense to me that it was reflective of the information everyone keeps talking about here as they are getting their scores today. That is, some are saying that, for example, 22% of the nation have lower scores than they do. So, it would make sense that the two reflect each other..since I know my Privista rate lower than me..I figure I could do a little math and figure my FICO score.
    I just need one person to confirm the two are reflective.

I hope that made sense.

4. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

My Privista score was a horrible "needs improvement" only better than 14% of the country. Equifax fico score was 686 supposedly this is better than 35% of the country. No correlation I can see.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I agree! That would make that pretty clear! Thanks...mine says 20% on mine...should be interesting to see FICO
    Thanks

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

639 FICO
    83 Privista

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Wow? 83% were less than you on Privista, the other?

8. the other

Yes, but my FICO was only 639. They both use Equifax.

i think it's really strange.

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

That is just odd. go figure

10. the other

I just did Privista for my fiance:

76 Privista, and 669 FICO

Me:
    83 Privista, and 639 FICO.