Privista free 30 day trial !

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Looks like Privista is competing against Credit Expert, because they are now offering a 30 day trial free of their Credit Insight and after that $29 after you keep it.

Just thought I would get the word out.

Cyprigirl:)

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh cool! Maybe they will all start competing with each other. :)

breeze - off to the beach :D

3. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Just checked this out. I like it, because of several things:

1) Interprets my student loans correctly;

2) Easy navigation

3) Much more affordable than Credit Expert

4) No bogus tools like credit simulator-I didn't like this feature on credit expert, since it didn't accurately reflect my current score-so how am I supposed to know for sure how manipulating the variables will impact my score? Sorry, just my rant against this tool--personal opinion.

I am much more likely to purchase this product as opposed to Credit Expert.

4. Cyprigirl

I am now really skeptical of Credit Expert. Three CA items were deleted from my file and I had 8 current delinquencies prior to this and now it only shows 7 being deliquent and my score did not budge and these were recent additions to my file. But when they placed 1 CA on my file last week it dropped 11 points, something is not right!!!

Just my two cents!

5. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I've had Privista since March

and I guess it's ok....I just got a credit alert today, and it shows that there has been a change in account status on one of my cards, but doesn't tell me WHAT kind of change, so I'm puzzled. I couldn't see anything when I went online to check out the card, have only had the card a couple of months, and it only has balance transfers at less than 50% of CL, so it's not over limit, payment was credited. That makes it kind of worrisome. I guess I will have to call Equifax?????? Or will Privista tell me if I call?? I haven't had any luck with emailing them.

Also, Privista is showing that my new Discover Plat. is not reporting the CL. Is that factual? I haven't seen that posted here.

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Re: I've had Privista since March

I noticed my fiance's new Discover card shows high balance instead of the credit limit too...I was hoping it was only a fluke, but if it is happening to other people too...

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY DISCOVERCARD SHOWS CREDIT LIMIT...

8. 4kristi

4kristi Active Member

I don't like any of them that much and here is why. None of them (The CRA) have thought to strike an alliance to give you access to all three via credit monitoring through one interface.

Who the heck wants to monitor all three individually at three different web sites with three different membership fees. If you are monitoring your credit, you would want to monitor all three bureaus not monitor equifax only and have no clue what is going on with the other two and vice versa.

The products are limited, however, I do like the way Privista's looks and navigates so I did test it out but I won't keep it. I think Junum is developing a monitoring service for all three or something of that nature.

9. Cyprigirl

I agree one central place where you can keep track of all of them would be great. I know consumerinfo.com does this, but I don't think that they are very accurate. Ii tried it once and I did not like it. But it is just my opinion, maybe others can share their experience.

10. Cyprigirl

I found this article on Privista's website, it had an interesting comment about how pulling your credit could bring down your score 10 points, does anyone know if that is really true.

Clean Record Tops Creditors' List

Sunday News Lancaster, PA
    Gail Rippey
    June 25, 2001

Nothing is more important than having a pristine bill-payment history when it comes to getting a loan or buying something on credit.

Nothing.

But consumer credit counselors say the majority of American consumers don't have a clean record.

Even something as simple as having multiple inquiries made about your credit rating can cause your credit "score" to go down, possibly pushing you from a good credit risk to just a so-so one.

Still, checking on your credit report, compiled by one of three credit bureau reporting agencies, is highly recommended by consumer counselors.

Michael W. Sprunger, director of the nonprofit Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Central Pennsylvania, recommends annual credit report checks -- if only to check for mistakes.

"I've heard that up to 40 percent of all credit reports have errors on them," he said.

But be careful how many times you, or anyone else, accesses your credit report.

"Whenever you pull it, you probably pull 10 points from your score," said Earl Shirk, president of the Lancaster County Association of Realtors, who works with homebuyers applying for loans.

"I can't imagine most consumers would know about that," he said. "They (credit reporting agencies) don't tell us outright what affects the credit rating. There's a lot of secrecy about it."

Creditors report a consumer's payment history to a bureau, such as Experian, Equifax or Trans Union.

Sprunger suggests getting a copy of your credit report before going shopping for a loan. Reports are available through Internet sites for about $8.50 to $12.50.

"And if you don't like what it says, challenge it," Sprunger said. "A repaired credit report might not get you from bottom to top in the (credit) ratings, but it will get you in the middle somewhere."

But there are those in the financial world who say anyone can become an "A-rated" borrower just by improving his credit report.

Bradford J. Norris, Fulton Mortgage Co.'s senior vice president of secondary market and operations, said his company only writes A- credit mortgages, "but you can always become A rated -- there's nothing permanent about bad credit."

11. 4kristi

4kristi Active Member

It is true for hard inquiries but not soft ones. Hard inquiries are lender-creditor-landlord pushed. Soft are consumer pushed and are not damaging.

I think there are a lot of topics here on this subject. BTW, that article had a few skewed facts. It's not 40% errors it is 70% errors according to the Public Interest Research Group's study.

12. the other

the other Well-Known Member

George,

my discover card shows the limit too, but not my fiance's new discover account.