Privista, thoughts anyone??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Has anyone subscribed to this service yet? Feedback would be great. I am thinking about joining.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I just signed up 10 minutes ago. Need to stay on top of my Equifax report. I'm happy so far with the report that they provided. I guess you get a weekly update and you are alerted to any changes. It's worth it for the money.

3. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

I did Privista and Equifax's own creditwatch program. Equifax updates as changes are made and sends you an email the day the change occurs. Privista can run up to ten days behind because they only update once a week. I stuck with Equifax and its working out just fine.

4. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I have been a member since the middle of March. It takes a couple of months for everything to start showing up on your report, but I am satisfied with it...for the money, it's a pretty good service. I just wish there were some way to correlate the credit score there to an actual FICO score. Also, I am not sure all inquiries are showing up...there were more promotional inquiries on my actual Equifax report.

I think the credit alert service would be worth the money in the case of identity theft.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I, too, had Privista and then signed up with Equifax Credit Watch. I much prefer Credit Watch and eventually cancelled Privista within the 60 days and received a refund. Interestingly, I still have their surface..they run up to one week later on the updates compared to the superfast notification of Credit Watch. So...they aren't horrible...but its Credit Watch for me..

:) Hope it's great for you, though!

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I thought that Credit Watch only gives you six credit reports though, while Privista gives you one a week. That made enough of a difference to me, so I signed up with Privista.

7. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I've signed up for both.

I have had Privista's report show new accounts before Equifax's Credit Watch informed me of the new account.

The only problem I have with Privista's score is that it jumps around a lot. 83, 46, 91, 60, 51, etc.

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oh, geez..I really am a teacher..surface=service.

Dave is right..Privista has a positive in giving you more credit reports. I just found they weren't as accurate as quickly but if you have patience (about a week's worth), that is a plus on Privista's side. My credit score on Privista got nowhere near reflecting my true score on Scorepower...I gave up on understanding that...

How's that for surface, er, service...duh