Problem with chat

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by greyfox, Jun 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

There seems to be a problem with the chat program.
    I tried to enter earlier and it didn't load, so I just closed the window. Then I kept getting pop-up boxes stating that so-and-so had left the room.

Then just now, I tried to enter again and my sign-in name is shown as being used in room no. 1, which indicates that when I closed the original box that didn't load, my name stayed behind.

In any case, I'm a little concerned by these pop-up boxes that keep recurring which indicate there is still some connection open after I thought I was closed out....a security matter.

I can re-boot which will probably take care of the problem from my end, (I Hope), but how do I get signed out of the room?

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

This happened to me and all I did was close all of my browser windows and then reopen them. This took care of the problem.

3. pbm

pbm Administrator

We have been able to reproduce part of this problem. It appears that Volano requires a minimum of 2 minutes to "timeout" your last login before the browser will terminate the connection to Volano. It appears closing out all windows can sometimes expedite this process. Please try these workarounds and let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you.
    pbm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.