Problems with board, I think?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Apr 27, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I am having issues reading the board. It marks all of the stuff that I have already read, as new, even though there have been no replies since I last read the thread. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Robert

Robert Active Member

Be sure to hit 'refresh' on the browser to refresh the index, if you use the 'back' button to return to the main index. Otherwise, your 'new/old' status will appear strange. Maybe this is what you're seeing?

Alternatively, press the "up arrow" graphic to return to the main index instead of the "back" button.

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Thanks, Robert. I think that if I hit Mark Read, it will do the same thing you are suggesting until there is a reply.

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I think I am really gonna like this new format! I love the notification of a new post on a watched thread and that whatever was answered last goes to the top---you would not believe how much time I spend finding threads...writing down names of messages, etc. This is gonna be great.
    If the moderator reads this, I have one question--since we now use cookies, and I read this list on three different systems (home and work) will all the posts show unread on the 2nd or 3rd system that I read on the first system???
    thanks
    am

5. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Not 100% sure, but...

I believe each of your systems will correctly show which posts are read/unread. (As long as you're logged in as AnnMarie on each system.)

6. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: Not 100% sure, but...

Hey works for me.....you have successfully made this place a safe forum and I thank you for it!
    I really appreciate all the hard work and funding you put into this for us.
    Great Job!
    AnnMarie

7. pbm

pbm Administrator

Contrary to what my esteemed colleague (Admin) suggests, I suspect that the board will not reflect the read/unread message status when you move from one machine to another. However, like Admin I am not 100% sure. Perhaps you can test this for us and post back to the thread?

Thank you for your positive feedback, AnnMarie. We worked hard to make Straight Talk a better place, and hope the results demonstrate our level of commitment.

Sincerely,
    pbm

Creditnet

8. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Admin or PBM,

I really like the new format, however, is there any way to eliminate going from the threads back to the threads when you "mark read"? Currently, the format throws you back to the main page and you have to reenter the forum. Can we eliminate this for the "mark read" feature?

9. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Mark Read feature added

As requested, Mark Read will now return you to the forum thread list instead of to the forum list. Enjoy!

10. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: Mark Read feature added

You guys are great! This has been quite a transition period, and everything we have requested has been taken care of in reasonable time! I really appreciate the time and effort that you folks have put into this fourm to make it a safe posting environment for everyone.

Again,

Thank you!!!