PROOF THAT EQUIFAX DID NOT DIS

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Jan 30, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

This may be confusing but I am going to try and explain it as best as I can.

I mailed a dispute on Jan 13th of this year to Equifax. According to my green card they received it on Jan. 16th. I used the last confirmation # from my Jan 5th report to check online to see if an investigation was started. I checked everyday. On Jan 26th after not seeing one started I called Equifax and the rep told me that the item (only 1) was verified. This was the dispute that I sent in a letter from Citibank Student Loans as documentation. I then had her start another investigation for me. Immediately after I got off the phone with her I went online and checked to see. She had given me a new confirmation #. I used that # and sure enough an invetigation was started. Yesterday, Jan 29th I received my updated report, dated Jan 24th (the result of my Jan 13th dispute). Remember,Jan 24th was two days before I called.

I just went online and checked with the confirmaion # she a gave me on Jan 26th and yes it was still being investigated. Then I tried the confirmation # from the January 24th report, then I tried the # from the Jan 5th report. Guess what. All of those #'s were different and ALL of them made the screen come up saying investigation in progress.

SO THERE IS THE PROOF THAT AN INVESTIGATION WAS NEVER STARTED. WHEN I KEY IN THOSE OLD NUMBERS THEY CONFIRMATION # ON THAT INVESTIGATION SCREEN IS THE ONE SHE GAVE ME ON JANUARY 26TH. SO IF ONE HAD BEEN STARTED BEFORE THEN I WOULD NOT OF BEEN GIVEN THE OPTION TO START A NEW ONE ONLINE LIKE I HAD ALL THE OTHER TIMES.

NOW WHAT CAN I DO?????

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: PROOF THAT EQUIFAX DID NOT

Hi Molly, I'm having the same problem with Equifax. I think they only handle one thing at a time. I disputed 3 items, actually, my name, address and a colletion account. They finally did update my personal information and they said in the last update thier investigation was completed, but that collection was so called verified last time
    in 1998. It doesn't look like they verified at all. I'm waiting to see what happens by 2/2. 30 days from the original dispute. Trans Union is the same. Keep after them!!!

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

You get an attorney and sue them. I'm one more dispute away from doing that myself, as I aslo have proof that they verified an entry that they never investigated.

Saar is right. We need to play hardball and sue the CRAs, especially when the creditor has given us the documentation we need.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

What is a green card?