Prov payments scam?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Julie, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Julie

Julie Guest

I am signed up with Netbank, but they are waiting to put my money in before I do online billpay( my money should get there Monday), but UNTIL I get the account going, I need to know this: EVERY payment I sent to Providian, has taken TWENTY days or more to post. Here is what is funny to me: My hubby and I both sent a $25 payment out, on the same day, January 12th. His posted on Jan 15th, mine is still not posted. We sent another payment out on Jan15th, MINE posted 3 days later, his, not posted. Then, we both sent out payments on Jan 20th, NONE posted yet. I called them, and they are telling me they can't help how long it takes the mail. That's SOOOO much b.s., because, if 2 people go to send their mail on the same day, but their checks post 2 weeks apart, something isn't right. This is the fourth time in a month, that something has happened with them posting our payments. I can see a week, but 2, 3 weeks!! Please let me know what to do, thanks, Julie

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Did you write your account number on your check or money order? Sometimes the payment coupon and the check get separated while being processed. I have been with Providian for 5 years and have moved several places and not once has my payment been lost. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them, or blaming you, I'm just wondering what the difference could be. Maybe you should file a complaint with the postal service as well as Providian (in writing)? There's clearly a problem, but it is hard to figure out where the problem lies. Good luck!

3. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

I used to have Aria . It took about 10 to 15 days to post my payment.Since many Prov card holders don't have grace period,holding payments will bring huge profit to Prov.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I THINK...FIRST USA was sued for delaying payments...

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Just F.Y.I.

6. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Providian has a website and you can pay at the site. Your payment will be posted within two days and sometimes the same day. This has worked for me without fail. Providian will give you a confirmation number and you can print out proof of payment. Relying on someone else (post office, online billing service, etc.) just adds time and the potential for things to go wrong.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: their online payment is fa

Last time i had their card. Superbly fast online pay.

8. Killer

Killer Guest

I agree!

I pay Providian on their web site and my payments have always posted the next day.

9. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I've had superb service online with Providian. The only problem is when you have more than 1 account with them or if you have a Providian and an Aria account. They use the same payment site and right now, they can only let you register 1 card. They are aware of this problem, and you can get your annual fees waived if you complain that it's too difficult not to pay all your accounts online. Also, if you call customer service they'll process phone payments FREE if you're unable to access your additional cards online. They just have too much volume online, but they work with you so your payments post quickly.

10. Desmond

Desmond Guest

Do you have to pay for this service? If so how much per transaction.

11. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

It's free. I've used it since it's started, last summer. It works fine for me, payments are posted the next day

12. William Wa

William Wa Guest

Yes, all of my online payments on the Providian website post quickly. I've also used my free Bill paying service with Compubank and the payments are always credited quickly by Providian.

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

CREDITORS know the mail is sometimes slow or lost & they try to blame the post office for everything;so they can add unjust late fees to your account while reporting you to the cra! My Question is why should customers be hung for Post Office and Creditor screw ups?

Julie wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I am signed up with Netbank, but they are waiting to put my money in before I do online billpay( my money should get there Monday), but UNTIL I get the account going, I need to know this: EVERY payment I sent to Providian, has taken TWENTY days or more to post. Here is what is funny to me: My hubby and I both sent a $25 payment out, on the same day, January 12th. His posted on Jan 15th, mine is still not posted. We sent another payment out on Jan15th, MINE posted 3 days later, his, not posted. Then, we both sent out payments on Jan 20th, NONE posted yet. I called them, and they are telling me they can't help how long it takes the mail. That's SOOOO much b.s., because, if 2 people go to send their mail on the same day, but their checks post 2 weeks apart, something isn't right. This is the fourth time in a month, that something has happened with them posting our payments. I can see a week, but 2, 3 weeks!! Please let me know what to do, thanks, Julie

14. lbrown59

Here is what is funny to me: My hubby and I both sent a $25 payment out, on the same day, January 12th. His posted on Jan 15th, mine is still not posted. We sent another payment out on Jan15th, MINE posted 3 days later, his, not posted. Then, we both sent out payments on Jan 20th, NONE posted yet. I called them, and they are telling me they can't help how long it takes the mail. That's SOOOO much b.s., because, if 2 people go to send their mail on the same day, but their checks post 2 weeks apart, something isn't right. Author: Julie

Try this send them the payment in two checks
    instead of one.Put the checks back to back to each other and staple them together on each end: Do this and let me know what happened. lb

15. lbrown59

miles wrote:
    and not once has my payment been lost. Please don't get me wrong,

You lucky dog ! This kind of thing happens to me all the time with every body no matter what or how much I do to keep them from fouling things up they will find a way to screw it up!!

16. lbrown59

GEORGE wrote:
    I THINK...FIRST USA was sued for delaying payments...
    BY GEORGE I think you're right!

17. lbrown59

dave wrote:
    Providian payment. Relying on someone else (post office, online billing service, etc.) just adds time and the potential for things to go wrong.

NO- it's just a lame excuse used for customer bilking! ALso consumer laws are to blame too!

18. lbrown59

dave wrote:
    Providian payment. Relying on someone else (post office, online billing service, etc.) just adds time and the potential for things to go wrong.
    What If You Dont Have A Computer?
    NO- it's just a lame excuse used for customer bilking! ALso consumer laws are to blame too!

19. lbrown59

sam wrote:
    Last time i had their card. Superbly fast online pay

So how dose it help people without computers???????????????????

20. lbrown59

Killer wrote:
    I agree!

I pay Providian on their web site and my payments have always posted the next day.
    no computer what now