Providan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marianne, Apr 5, 2000.

1. Marianne

Marianne Guest

Can someone tell me if there is a web site to apply for a Providian Card? I'm reading good responses from the board and I want to apply.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I don't know if you can apply online, but you can call them at 1-800-356-0011 and they will get you an application out ASAP.

3. Kathie

Kathie Guest

You can apply online @ www.aria.com
    This is the web site for Providian, and you can use it to check your balance etc. once you have your card. They will approve you in five minutes online and tell you what your limit is too!

4. Marianne

Marianne Guest

I applied online with aria. I don't think it's a sight for people with problem credit.

5. Russ

Russ Guest

You are quite wrong. Aria is Providian, Providian is Aria. They are both SUB-PRIME cards offered by the same company. Lets look at two of the bottom line cards ARIA offers (which resembles a Providian visa):

Got'ya card #1:
    Membership Fee Annual Fee: $59
    Annual Percentage Rate ("APR"): 19.99%

Late Payment and Over-the-Credit Limit Fees: $29
    Initial credit line will be up to $2,000.

Got'ya card #2:
    Processing Fee: $49 or $89;
    Annual Fee: $59 or $89
    Annual Percentage Rate ("APR"): 23.99%
    Late Payment and Over-the-Credit Limit Fees:
    $29
    Initial credit line will be up to $1,000.

6. Killian

Killian Guest

Aria also has Platinum cards, with rates of 7.99% and 12.99%, and no annual fee

7. Marianne

Marianne Guest

With a person with bad credit? I already applied and I was denied! I was looking for a secured card. I was under the impression that Providan made offers to people with problenm credit. I guess not....

8. Marianne

Marianne Guest

With a person with bad credit? I already applied and I was denied! I was looking for a secured card. I was under the impression that Providan made offers to people with problenm credit. I guess not....

9. BOB

BOB Guest

They do offer to people with credit problems.
    My question is, how bad is your credit?

10. jennifer

jennifer Guest

i applied over the phone and i have sucky credit i mean sucky and they approved me for $250.00 limit that was in october now i am up to a limit of $530.00 try it the worst the will say is no right but it was a start for me

11. CTphoneHom

CTphoneHom Guest

Call 800-356-0011 and apply over the phone. Providian has the providian bankcard which they advertise ALL the time on TV and the Aria visa. I would suggest the Providian visa.

12. Joan

Joan Guest

It's the Visa Classis card that you can apply over the phone and get a response less than 2 minutes.

13. Culidmarie

Culidmarie Guest

You all have such a good attitude towards cc. Providian has been wonderful to us who need to reestablish our credit! Thanks for all the positive info. It makes me feel good about being a card holder for more that three years.
    Dawn!

14. Marianne

Marianne Guest

Lots of current medical, charge offs from 4 years ago. I'd say it was pretty bad. When I applied for a car loan at Nissan,they went through a lot banks to get me appoved. I'm paying out the ass at 25% interest on a 94 Nissan Sentra. October 2000 will be one year since I got the loan then I'll re-finance. I'm current on all payments.

15. taxman47

taxman47 Guest

Can someone tell me how to get online info on my Providian Visa Classic account. I tried thru Aria but that didn't work.

16. Spanky

Spanky Guest

I applied for the Providian card and because I put a fraud alert on my credit bureaus, a representative from Aria called me to confirm everything. I now have a Visa with $1000 limit. My hubby & I were victims of total ID theft in 1990 and have been fighting baaaaaad credit (which isn't ours) for years. We recently got furniture at Badcock (who was nice and gave us $700 limit) and now are on the road to good credit again. Beware of losing your ID in public places - the female who impersonates me has bought cars, a house and all kinds of things in my name. She even had two jobs under my name & ss#. WE aren't the victims, either - the law states that the creditor's are!! For those who need credit & are in the Southeast, try Badcock furniture as well as the Visa. You'll get on track quicker having two good accounts...