Providian $1,000 line increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bjorn, Sep 28, 2000.

1. Bjorn

Bjorn Guest

Just received this offer in the mail today for a $1,000 credit line increase on my Providain Visa Classic Card for $99 which is billed to the card. I have a question for anyone who might have the answer - I will take this offer because I am in the process of repairing my credit, but along with this increase I would like to get their gold card. If I were to call them and say that I would like the $1,000 increase and pay the $99 but like a upgrade to a gold card, would I have a chance? The bottom line is this, because they advertise that classic card on T.V. for people with bad credit, I find myself in a position where I am embarressed to use this card for most purchases (I use it to buy gas and at the supermarket, and for anything that I can purchase over the internet or on the phone, anywhere that I don't have to present the card to a person). Has anyone done this - call Providian and tell them that you want the line increase but to also send you a gold card. Is it possible?

hoping

Bjorn

2. ED

ED Well-Known Member

RE: Providian $1,000 line incr

They will probably send you an offer for the gold card quite soon anyway. You have nothing to lose by asking them though. The worst that can happen is they say 'no'.

3. Greyfox39

Greyfox39 Guest

RE: Providian $1,000 line incr

I accepted their offer for the credit increase, and within days received an offer for a $1000 pre-qualified Mastercard, AND received an additional $200 credit line increase on my Premier Visa...I now have gone in the space of six months from a credit line of $500 to a combined line of $3500....have paid on time, used my card, and paid at least 2-3 times the minimum payment.