Providian: Adding grace period

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

For all those who were successful in adding a grace period to their Providian cards: Please post how long (after opening your account) it took Providian to grant you the grace period. Odds are you got it through Retention.

Also, how long did it take you to get the APR lowered to 16.9% (the lowest I've seen in Providian Visa Gold)

Thanks.

Saar

2. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Providian: Adding grace pe

BTW, I've promised myself never to get their Aria Persona, which they offered me w/ $250 limit, $89 annual fee & $49 processing fee.

The reason I ask is because today I received a Providian offer for Visa Gold with a limit between $1000-$3000, zero annual fee and no processing fee.

Saar

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

The grace period on my account was added after four years. I don't think this means anything though. Providian does not reduce its fees and interest charges unless you ask. I received the grace period the first time I asked.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I've had their card since 6/2000 and I just recently got the APR lowered to 16.9% and had my annual fee waived (they are crediting my account probably Monday). I wasn't able to get a grace period or a line increase (just got one). I did have to go through retention. Basically after the rep stated that he couldn't do anything for me, he asked me if I was still going to cancel and I said yes. Then he stated that he would transfer me to someone who might be able to help me (I'm assuming that was retention).

5. skip

skip Guest

Had my Providian account for 3 years. Then I started reading this great board. It gave me the knowledge I needed to really push them,I would have never gotten what I did for fear.I got 16.99 per cent and no annual after haggling like a car salesman. PS I like my aria and got it reduced first. I would have a lot more money if I knew about this board earlier.