Providian % and line increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by skip, Nov 22, 2000.

1. skip

skip Guest

I was very excited when I got my interest rate decreased. Now i've been informed that it starts a whole new cycle as to when I will
    (or IF) I get a line increase. The increases were constantly coming in. Now that they are making less money it will be interesting to see how often or if at all they come in. Word to the wise: request your interest rate decrease immediately after you've been increased! Happy Thanksgiving!

2. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

RE: Providian % and line incre

Skip Actually it works different after I requested my decrease I got a 1000 dollar offer and a gold card ! Happy thankx giving

3. skip

skip Guest

I hope I have the same luck! Thanks for the info!

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have not tried any apr reductions with Providian. I have had the classic card since 5/00. Now my credit limit is $2500. Newcomer2, how long have you had the card. I might start asking for some of these things especially if it will get a gold card for me. I dont use the card anymore except to pay my cellphone bill.

roni

5. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Roni..
    I had the card for over 2 years..
    They will also send you an invitation for thier secured 1000 limit mastercard. On your words of advice I got my friend 8000 in credit from citibank ! he had the best thankzgiving lol .
    good luck

6. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

sorry that master card isn't secured .. What also helped is that I always carried a balance with them and they maid a fortune of me in interest .
    Good luck