Providian and Orchard ?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fng, Nov 6, 2000.

1. fng

fng Guest

Currently, after some past problems, and a little bit of disputing work, only have 2 small collection accounts on my credit record. They are small enough that they can be dealt with at any time.

I got serious about building positive credit this year. I have the following:

1) 6/00 FCNB - $500 limit, R1 status.
    2) 8/00 Providian Gold - $49 security/ $500 limit, R1 status.
    3) 10/31/00 Orchard Mastercard - applied online, approved, not yet received.

Today I received a solicitation for the Providian Gold, unsecured, up to $1000 limit.

The card that I have is reported as secured. I called and told them that I was not calling about a line increase, but if my credit profile warrants unsecured status, I would prefer that the card be reported that way. After being shuffled around, I was told that they "may" unsecure my current card "at some point" within the 1st year. Otherwise, I would have to cancel my current card, and apply for the same card under the new offer.

1) How long dies it take from online approval to receive the Orchard card.

2) What should I do with Providian. I would hate to pay another $59 annual fee to get a new unsecured card. Anyone have any experience in changing the staus of their card.

Any info is appreciated. I have learned much from this board and its regular participants. Makes straightening things up a much less daunting task.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

My aunts story....

my aunt cancelled a providian card because she got a better offer in the mail. We she didnot get the new card either. bummer.

roni.

fng wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Currently, after some past problems, and a little bit of disputing work, only have 2 small collection accounts on my credit record. They are small enough that they can be dealt with at any time.

I got serious about building positive credit this year. I have the following:

1) 6/00 FCNB - $500 limit, R1 status.
    2) 8/00 Providian Gold - $49 security/ $500 limit, R1 status.
    3) 10/31/00 Orchard Mastercard - applied online, approved, not yet received.

Today I received a solicitation for the Providian Gold, unsecured, up to $1000 limit.

The card that I have is reported as secured. I called and told them that I was not calling about a line increase, but if my credit profile warrants unsecured status, I would prefer that the card be reported that way. After being shuffled around, I was told that they "may" unsecure my current card "at some point" within the 1st year. Otherwise, I would have to cancel my current card, and apply for the same card under the new offer.

1) How ....

3. r

r Guest

I received my Orchard card about 2 weeks after I was approved on line. Unfortunatley though, you'll probably only get a $300 credit limit but it's better than nothing!