Providian and Planetfeedback

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Genesisgrl, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Genesisgrl

Genesisgrl Member

Quick question here: Has anyone had experience with sending letter to Providian via Planetfeedback? What is their typical response time...if any? I sent a letter on July 17th and haven't heard anything yet. SHould I give 'em more time. Thanks

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Me to. I have not heard anything and resent the letter 3 more times.

They are definitely lacking in their response time.

Cypri:)

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

If you write to Prividian, via PlanetFeedback, my experience is that the response time is very slow.

Providian took a good two weeks before I finally received a letter and the content wasn't very satisfactory. It was issued from the executive office and conveyed a very snotty tone.

To those of you who are waiting for Providian responses, good luck! I hope your experience will be more favorable than mine.

Donna

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Providian responses to my Planet Feedback E-mails took:

10 days the first time.

21 days the second time.

The responses came via snail-mail letters.

5. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I've mentioned this before but it's important so I'll say it again.
    When providian receives a complaint, it is routed to 1 of three places.
    #1-The garbage can.This is for waste of time letters that deserve no response, like redisputing something verified multiple times in the recent past.
    #2The executive office- This is for misunderstandings and small mistakes with little or no negative public relation fallout.(Translate that to mean-Could not be found guilty in a court of law) Interestingly, the people in this dept try very hard to be fair but must go through normal channels to get information from other depts that have little incentive to resolve your problem.
    #3 Customer Relations-This is for complaints that tend to acknowledge Providian screwed up, are well written and tend to inspire the realization that not one darn person in the entire company ever read "In Search of Excellence".This dept has the authority to go directly to the manager of a dept, rather than just going through a c/s rep as the executive office people often have to.More decisions can be made on the spot this way,with customer relations telling the dept head what needs to be done and when.This is the highest priority level Providian can assign to a letter.(Translate this to mean-The president of Pvn is responsible, therefore, people who are to blame get fired,people who are responsible do not.)

So what you could do is after sending your letter ,call and ask for the executive office, they should be able to tell you which dept your letter was sent to and who is assigned to your letter.Also get that persons extension #, then ask to be transferred to him/her so you have the ability to call them back if need be.
    One small note of interest.The possibility exist that Providian
    and other creditors really do read these posts.Back in May or June, I mentioned something in a post here about turning lemons into lemonade.Within a week after that, the president of Providian made the same exact statement in a press release regarding a quarterly earnings report.Probably just a coincidence, but if so I'd also like a platinum card w/0% interest for the life of the acct.Thanks.......

VJ

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

VJ,

rotflol!!! Hope springs eternal...

Seriously, thanks for the information re Providian. Their website also has a direct phone number to the "customer relations" department. I haven't tried it yet. Would this be the same dept. that has the real authority?

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

VJ you are absolutely correct about #3 customer relations. I had a problem with Providian a few months back where they were reporting a 30 day late on an account I never opened or used. I wrote and called NUMEROUS times and it wasn't until a rep gave me the address for the relations department and bamn got an apology and it was removed within one week.

8. Genesisgrl

Genesisgrl Member

Thanks for the responses! I guess I'll re-send the letter since it has been two weeks, and also give 'em a polite call...after practicing for a bit.