Providian/Aria Changed to GETSMART

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desdemona, May 21, 2001.

1. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

ATTENTION: Formally known as Aria Visa by Providian, the Providian Company has purchased GetSmart and now the new and improved Aria card is called the GetSmart Visa with Smart Chip Technology!

Attention Aria Visa Card Holders: GetSmart Visa is the NEW name of Aria Visa.

Providian changed the Aria card. No more ugly cards. Same terms, better looking card. Just checked the Aria website, it still shows the UGLY cards but I found it here
    http://buy-it-online.org/aria.html

PS. I received a postcard today from Providian stating that they are now taking Providian Clear Visa applications from everyone who expressed a desire to apply for this unique card. To apply, simple call 1-800-705-7244. Which a different number that is listed on the website. Just a FYI.

2. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

So does that mean that all of us with the ugly orange-and-yellow cards are going to get a new one? Or is it totally separate? I got an invitation in the mail today to apply, but I already have an Aria Visa. Thoughts?

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Can't apply...

...if you are currently an Arian/Providian customer or if you've applied for an Aria or Providian card in the last 90 days.

4. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Re: Can't apply...

Actually you can apply if you've been invited. I was invited and I applied and all I got was their crap card, the equivalent of the Aria Persona. I think it's a joke that I got it and I've written to Providian via Planetfeedback that I think I deserve a little better than that since I've had Aria Persona for two years now and my limit is over $5000. All I wanted was the Platinum getsmart with the same limit, but a lower APR, no annual fee, and a grace period. We'll see what comes of my complaint.