PROVIDIAN BANK

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Randi, Mar 31, 2000.

1. Randi

Randi Guest

Do you know why Providian Bnk requires you to pay for a credit line increase that they offer you? I need you input before I deceide to send in my certificate to reply to this offer. Thanks.

2. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Because they want to get as much money as they possibly can get out of you. It's that simple.

If you asked them, their specious reason would be something like "It mitigates some of the risk associated with extending additional credit to persons who have a marginal credit histories." Basically they are taking the credit line increase fee to offset some of their writeoffs from accounts gone bad so their non-performing ratio doesn't look so bad.

3. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

If you wait, (providing you keep your account current) they may give it to you without the charge. I ignored my increase letter, and a couple of months later they gave me the increase anyway.

Kelly

4. shawn

shawn Guest

She's right. I ignored two certificates for increases and each time the increased my limit by $1000, the following month.

Shawn

5. DENNIS HOL

DENNIS HOL Guest

can you please seen me a gold card,i dont know why ther keep rejecter me,i do not owe a so in this world for the last 20 years so why or there are so hard on me,maybe cecause i black.

6. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hey, Holmes, you've gotta be shitting us. I really hope you're joking. If not, then you're just an stupid bastard, and being black has nothing to do with it in your case!

7. GS

GS Guest

RE: HOLMES is John from CCB

John, now you show us you really are a stupid
    Crooks Country Bank employee. We knew you
    would show your true intelligence sooner or
    later. You really are the perfect CCB
    employee, stupid from the moment you get up
    til you go to bed at night. This is
    hilarious A CCB employee with a terrible sense of humor, how perfect.