Providian CL increase..I called and

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dinob12, Nov 20, 2001.

1. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

I called Getsmart and Providian FCNB today asking about a CL increase..I have opened all of these accounts in April and May..I was told by all 3 companies that I have a great payment history with them and they value me as a customer. Lady at Providian stated that she will definetely pull a manuel request for me for a $1000 credit limit increase..I asked if there would be a fee and she stated that they would waive any fees...Yippe..Same thing with my Getsmart account..Yippe..Fcnb stated that they will also send a request for a Cl increase and she will contact me within the next 2 days and let me know what they will offer me..yippe..I was just motivated to call these companies this morning due to the recent success I had with Planet Feedback with Crooks Country bank

2. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

WTG!!! You'll get there sooner than I, but I will arrive eventually :)

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Nice work!!

4. dinob12

Thanks Christi..But trust me I am not that far ahead of you..remember I got rejected by Cap One
    :)..Soon we will joing Bkev and Roni and Mr BBauer..At least I am praying that that will be the case..Good Luck Christi..

5. reality89

reality89 Well-Known Member

How oh how do you get them to give you an increase. I have two accounts with them. Both open for 6 months, never late, always make my payment for at least double the min due, only been over the limit once on one of the accounts and that was because of a disputed charge - and I call and call to see when I will get an credit line increase offer and they always say the same thing - I have two great accounts and its all computerized so I have to wait until they get around to reviewing my accounts, which they never commit to a date? Any help or advice I would appreciate. Thanks.

6. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I'd call and tell them you are looking at making a larger purchase up the road and carrying the balance for 6 months or so, and you have thier card and a (name of other bank) with such and such a credit limit. Maybe they will match it or at least raise yours. If they don't want to raise your limit, just remind them how much money they could potentially be losing. Good luck!

7. reality89

thanks matty.

They seem to be difficult to deal with a lot of the time. I would understand more if I did not pay them as agreed or had something derogatory with them but I dont. The only reason that I went with them is because I am stuck in sub-prime hell right now while I work on getting some things cleared up and they sent me one of those pre-approved offers. I want to get a higher limit to help my debt ratio.

I have seen a lot of posts regarding PFB. Does this really work? People seem to be having some decent sucess using this. I would give it a try if I thought that it might help.

Thanks and I think this board is a great thing. I've gotten some wonderful ideas.

8. raiderpam

raiderpam Well-Known Member

Hi I did PFB they lowered my rate and gave me a increase, I called before also and that didnt work, PFB is great,

9. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I would definitely give PFB a shot. I have had a good amount of success with it in the past. You'll never know if it works until you try. Good luck :)

10. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

raiderpam,

Exactly WHO from Providian contacted you? I have sent them 2 letters via PFB and heard nothing from them! I feel like a stepchild! :)

cariba

11. raiderpam

Hi they never contacted me thru PFB ,they sent me a letter in response to it , it is from Lisa Gutierrez, the # she left is 925-738-5410 if I need futher assistance, I had also did one for my husband they lowerd his rate ,sent a letter fed ex but they not give him a limit increase, good luck,

12. raiderpam

By the way it took from 1-1 1/2 weeks

13. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

Thanks raiderpam--I'm calling them tomorrow!

cariba

14. dinob12

I spoke with a rep and I explained that I never have been over the limit..I have made 2 payments a month on both of my cards..And also that I was told that if I did these things that I would get a cl in 4 to 6 months.. I asked the rep to explain to me why I have not had an offer..I even asked if it was due to the financial problems that they were currently having..She stated that would not be the problem and she will (manually) give me a credit limit increase..

15. reality89

I followed some of the advise and sent a letter through PFB. We'll see what happens. I've tried the calling in route three times and got the same answer three times - Everything looks good but you have to wait and see. I'm not to confident in there customer service group up to this point.