Providian CL Increase Part 3

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jul 6, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

To summarize, in late May (if I remember correctly) Providian offered me a $1,000 cl increase on the phone. A day later I got a $2,000 offer in the mail. When I called to tell them I wanted the $2,000 instead of the $1,000 they told me I would get nothing... not even the original $1,000 offer because of the 120 day thing. I also got a decline notice in the mail.

I wrote them through planetfeedback and was contacted by a woman at the Providian executive office who said she'd give me the original $1,000 and I would see the change by last Saturday.

Not only did I not see the $1,000 by last Saturday, I got two more notices in the mail today declining cl increases due to the 120 day waiting period.

Monday I'm going to call the woman who called me last week to see what's up. I'll let everyone know what happens.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Please do let us know. I have a Providian gold card also.

Jim

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got through to the Executive Office at Providian this morning. They told me their systems are down and they cannot look up my account at this time and would call me back later today.

Interestingly, the person I spoke to said she looked this up earlier and the increase went through. Remember, shortly after I spoke to them I did see an out-of-the-blue $100 limit increase. It is possible that the system picked up $100 instead of $1,000.

I'll post again when I hear from them.