Providian CL Increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I just got home and in the mail I had an offer from Providian to increase my mastercard CL $500 for $29. To be honest, I wasn't paying a lot of attention to people who were asking about these things. I know folks have said not to pay for a CL increase. So what should I do? I'm close to my limit and these would really help my balance to limit ratio.

Thanks!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Previous posts have said that if you wait it out...you will get it for FREE.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just curious...

How long have you had your Providian MC?

4. Shantel

Re: Just curious...

I've had it since September

5. Saar

Saar Banned

6. Shantel

Re: Just curious...

Saar....

I went to the thread. I found it very interest..thanks.

My issue is that I HAVE been over the limit....just in Jan (by 10.24). I checked my bill last night. Also, I'd called them and asked for an increase and she told me no because I'd been over the limit.

Now this increase comes, stating that I get it as long as I haven't bee past due or over the limit since the offer was extended to me...I'm thinking, well how long as THAT been?

So, under normal circumstances, I'd agree not to pay, but if I pass this up, I may not get another in a while. The first increase offer I got on my Providian Visa was for $250 (for a fee) and passed. A month or two later, I got the $1100 increase (for a fee). I took that one. So maybe if I hold out, I'll get an offer for a larger increase? I don't know. I'm hoping to get rid of it with a balance transfer if Wachovia or Discover Plat come through. At this point, I'm not over the limit so maybe I'll just wait.