Providian Clear

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, May 11, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Is there anyone here who has this card? If so, how did you get it? Has anyone been successful in converting a regular Visa into Clear?

Lastly, would you consider this to be a prime card? I know there are those who consider Providian to be a sub-prime lender period but is it possible for them to have prime products?

Thanks!

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nave mentioned that he was "invited" to apply. I was going to call them to ask about this card in July.

3. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

This is the link to Providian Clear Card (or Smart Card). I do not have it. I use the Fleet Fusion card.

http://phl.providian.com/pvn1/providian_clear/

Then, click on "Clearly Smart" for a Flash Introduction.

CardKid

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Only avail to non-existing cust..

You can call an 800 # to apply for this card but it is NOT available to existing Providian customers. Only NON Providian people can apply.

5. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Re: Only avail to non-existing cust..

Well that sucks! They used to have a form you fill in and they *might* notify you by mail that you could now apply for the card. I got nothing. Now I can't even call to apply because I have 2 of their cards already! grrrrr

6. IamBuzzed

IamBuzzed Well-Known Member

Thats is messed up. I just called them and they said that it can't be done. I already have a Gold Visa, but they won't let me have this one. I really wanted this one. I wonder if I can cancel the current one and apply for this one, will that work?

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it might work but what if you do that and then you are denied the clear card? Then what?

8. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

I don't have a Providian card but if you cancel their card, you will have to wait 60 days to apply for a new account.

CardKid

9. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

Not only that, but then you are canceling an older trade line. Do you really want this card that bad?

10. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I say hang on, policies do change.

What better group of customers for Providian to tap into for their Clear than their own proven database of existing clients?

Best regards,
    Sam

11. IamBuzzed

IamBuzzed Well-Known Member

PRobably not worth cancelling account as this credit line has a prefect record and its my second oldest line. I guess I have to wait until they allow current customers, or get a card w/ smart chip from another company.