Providian credit cards/Aria

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Lashonda, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Lashonda

Lashonda Guest

I have been viewing some posts and I see that some people have more than one Providian card. I though you were only able to have one card through them. Is that correct or can you have a Visa and a mastercard or something like that.

2. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Re: Providian credit cards/Ari

I have a Providian Gold, an Aria card and a Providian MC

3. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

I also have a Providian Gold/Aria(but not yet the MC);I applied within 2 weeks of each other & perhaps they did not catch it because was not yet on credit report(got Aria first).

Peace,
    Sister Girl

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I think you can have a maximum of 3. That would be 2 Providian brands and 1 Aria? I may be wrong about this, but I know you can have more than one. However, the Mastercard is preapproved. You can't just apply for it. Hope this helps some.

5. JB

JB Well-Known Member

I have a Providian Visa and a Providian Mastercard.
    It was about 9-12 months after I had the Visa that I got an offer from Providian for a Mastercard with a $1000 limit, 23.99% interest, and $59 annual fee. I did not have to fill out an application, just had to sign my name. They said because I had an account in good standing, they were offering me another. I thought the MC did not have a grace period but the last couple of times I checked, I was not charged for a daily balance. (I pay off my card in full each month). The Visa does not have a grace period. :(

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I have a Providian Gold Visa. Then I applied for an Aria card and was denied. The letter that came in the mail stated that I was denied due to the fact that was already a Providian customer. O.k. that was fine....no inquiry was pulled so all is well. Then after having the Visa card nine months, I received an offer for the Mastercard w/ $1k limit, 23.99 apr, $59 annual fee, etc. All I had to do was sign my name.

7. Okie

Okie Guest

Same thing happened to me that happened to MP$40 (the letter part anyway). But it really pissed me off b/c I took a hard hit on both Trans Union and Experian only to be told they won't give me an Aria to an existing Providian Visa card holder. Ugh.

8. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Me too!!!! I applied for an Aria (have both a Providian MC and Visa) and was denied saying I was already a Providian customer. And it was a HARD inquiry. That sucks! They should tell you that you can't get one if you already have a Providian (if that's what they're doing). Geez!