Providian Credit Line Increases?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by godaddyo, Sep 19, 2001.

1. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Hello,
    My wife has a Providian card with an outrageous interest rate, over 20%, I think. Anyway, she has had the card for a long time and the interest rate doesnt really matter, (due to the fact that she never carries a balance). They keep giving her credit line increases, but they have not lowered the rate. I told her to call and ask. They told her that they do not lower interest rates for any reason. They said that they do monitor accounts on a monthly basis and this could result in better rates in the future. They insisted that they did not take let consumers inquire about lowering the rates for any reason.

In the past I have called other companies and they have lowered it for me since I had a good history. Sometimes they would request that I reapply for a better card. I have never had a company tell me that you were not allowed to inqure.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Be more forceful, be willing to close the account. You should get 15.9-16.9%.

3. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Godaddyyo,

Customer service gave me that same line,until I fired off a letter thru Planetfeedback & the Executive office responded back to tell me that they would lower it from 23.99 to 15.90 fixed(still high,but better than was).

Drop them a line & you will get what you want.

Sister Girl

4. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Godaddyo,

Customer service gave me that same line,until I fired off a letter thru Planetfeedback & the Executive office responded back to tell me that they would lower it from 23.99 to 15.90 fixed(still high,but better than was).

Drop them a line & you will get what you want.

Sister Girl

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

a letter via pfb should work just fine. 100% sure they will give you 16.9apr fixed.

6. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Thanks Folks!!
    I have never used Plantetfeedback, but I have heard that they get results from others on this board. Is their any special way to approach this or does one just raise a little hell???

7. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

That did not work for me. I ended up closing an $11,000 line because of their refusal to lower the rate.

www.creditsense.com

8. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I just used it the other day and got a call yesterday from the exucurive office..She said that 16.90% is as low as they go and many others are oaying like 27% which i think she ment 24%, But anyways they will not budge for me..I have there Providian Gold Card limit $5,444

9. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Bill B-

Are you saying that you have 16.90% right now and they refused to go lower?

I recently received an cl increase offer of 3k for $49.00, so your offer should be coming in soon.

Best regards,
    Sam

10. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Yes 16.90% was the lowest they would ever go on there gold card..As far as creit limit increase i sent it in they never got it..Rep did it over phone but only gave me $1,000 for $49.Yesterday i recived a second notice in mail and it was $3,000 for $49..I sent it in with note saying i want the $3,000 and to correct the error..Hope they give it to me :(

11. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

12. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Do you have the Providian Gold card with there name right on the front, Or is it a diffrent kind of card? I have the regular providian card and as i said was told as low as they go is 16.90% And, you have a nice rate so maybe a diffrent card..Just was approved for citi-bank anyways so i will most likly transfer anyway and cut card and set in freezer :)

13. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

It's the Providian Gold. The 'plain' looking Gold card that says Providian Gold Visa on the front.

I have had a rash of 'strange' increases recently, as you can se in that post.

My interest rate was not affected by any of them (increases), it dropped on it's own some time ago. It must be at a % + prime as it has been dropping over the past few months.

If they are telling you that 16.99 is there absolute lowest, they are not telling you the truth. Maybe it's the lowest they can offer you at the time, who know's.

It's possible that they treat the interest rate like they treat increases....I asked for an increase and was told none were available, then look what I got.

They are a strange company indeed.

I know a lot of people have been putting them down around here lately, but I can say they have treated me pretty well. They were the first to give me credit post bk7- and 2 months later at that. Now, just 3.5 years later, my terms are prettty good. And, I have just added a getsmart Gold Visa to the mix.

I was not happy about their message regarding the events of last week- I did PFB them about that.

Hope this helps-
    Shawn

14. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Congradulations to you get them for whatever you can!!!