Providian declined credit incr

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Seeking ad, Nov 24, 2000.

1. Seeking ad

Seeking ad Guest

Hi,

Providian who suppose to be generous in extending credit every 4 months..has declined me... Is their anyone I can speakin their departement that can raise my credit line??

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Providian declined credit

be patient. I called providian raving mad when they didnot auto increase my credit limit after 4 months. The reps then told me that I had to have 4 billing cycles for an increase. I cussed her out. She then told me to just be patient and providian would take care of me. They told me I would have to wait until 11/00 for an increase. I got the card in 5/00. Well to make a long story short, I got an increase in 9/00.for $400. They are strange but the increases come.

roni

3. Dave in SL

Dave in SL Guest

Why'd you cuss out the rep? They can't do anything about it. They can't say, "oh, she is cussing at me, I'd better do the immpossible or else she might have my job". Customer service jobs pay slightly more than McDonalds so most reps take it as no big deal if a customer gets mad. In fact, when a customer does get mad/unreasonable/not listening, I used to make it a point not to do anything at all for them. I would then send an abuse letters (which state the account will be closed if you try that BS again), and sometimes even close accounts if they continue to act unreasonable. Why ruin someones day just because you don't understand what a billing cycle is? Try and show some respect... Credit card customer service is one the most stressful and unfullfilling jobs out there.

Dave in SLC

4. Robert

Robert Active Member

I beg to differ. I am right now paying my way through school by waiting tables. At least you can hang the phone up. At least you have some control over the situation. Try calming down an obnoxious, loud, rude guest. All this while you have other people to take care of with little time on your hands. I sure wish I had mute button or something. I know it is off the subject, but I just needed to vent. Thank you all!

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Take a chill pill!

I didnot cuss at anyone. That was just a figure of speech. I was angry at the rep because he was feeding me a bunch of bullshit. If I did have to wait 4 months from my first billing cycle then November was not an accurate calculation. When I questioned his answer to me, he couldnot back it up. He WAS WRONG 'cause like I said I got my increase in Sept. There is no need for you to come on this board talking all kinds of crap to me. You took what I said and ran wild with it. So take a chill pill. Dont even respond to my post if you dont like them. There are WAY to many people here who like my post and what I have to say. When you see my name you can just skip-on- along, and read whatever else you like. I dont have time responding to post like this. No one else has time to read them. You being a cust rep, makes your skin too thin for this board. You might wanna find a new site to hang out. PEACE.

roni

6. Robert

Robert Active Member

RE: Take a chill pill!

Roni,
    Ol guru, oh enlightened one, master of credit repair. buddah. Keeper of financial knowledge for all the uniververse.

Your wisdom will never be questioned again. I humbly ask for consideration to forgive me.

Nah, folks, I am sorry if I came across wrong. I did not mean to blast anyone. I was simply just venting myself. I just came home from working 2 jobs (The first one is more of a coffee shop) on one of the most bussiest shopping days of the year, and I was extremely stressed. I used the wrong outlet to vent my fustration. I am sorry if you took it personally, but please do not. It was not intented to be that way, toward anyone.

In the past, I have found this board educational as well as enlightening. I have asked questions, and answered a few. Okay, not to the degree as you. So I will follow your advise and this I pledge to you, OH Ol guru, oh enlightened one, master of credit repair. buddah. Keeper of financial knowledge for all the uniververse. When I see your name, I will skip over it as you requested, and take a chill-pill. I suggest you do the same.

robert (just someone trying to get by)

By the way, when you say you "didnot cuss at anyone" Please do not follow it with a sentence containing a cuss word, It tends to discredit you advise. Just my own advise.

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I didnot cuss at anyone. That was just a figure of speech. I was angry at the rep because he was feeding me a bunch of bullshit. If I did have to wait 4 months from my first billing cycle then November was not an accurate calculation. When I questioned his answer to me, he couldnot back it up. He WAS WRONG 'cause like I said I got my increase in Sept. There is no need for you to come on this board talking all kinds of crap to me. You took what I said and ran wild with it. So take a chill pill. Dont even respond to my post if you dont like them. There are WAY to many people here who like my post and what I have to say. When you see my name you can just skip-on- along, and read whatever else you like. I dont have time responding to post like this. No one else has time to read them. You being a cust rep, makes your skin too thin for this board. You might wanna find a new site to hang out. PEACE.

roni

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

whatever you say man.....

whatever you say. Your sarcasm is refreshing. And I am glad you were able to take out your frustrations from your two jobs on me. I am use to that by now. I am flattered by your description of me as guru, enlightened one, master of credit repair. I printed that sh*t out and put in my credit repair clipboard. You dont need to read my post anymore. You finally get it, I am the greatest. And dont you forget it.

(LOL. That was all bullshit for all of you who are just jumping to attack me.)

Happy HOlidays!

roni.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Gosh Roni

Are you starting trouble again LOL:)

Kidding of course
    Mom:)

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Always Mom.

People are always starting something with me. That is why I carry my baseball bat in the back of my Mistubishi. I'm start some serious roderage in here. No seriously, I am really enjoying my holidays. I hit the malls like crazy yesterday and today. I am not overdoing it with christmas presents, cause I love to wait until december 21'st to even start looking. I am buying stuff for my new apartment. And I used my new citibank platinum select card today for the first time. It felt great, after all I been thru. Enjoy the holiday season Mom and remember to buy tons of presents for the kiddies and hubbie.

roni

10. Robert

Robert Active Member

arent we the VICTIM....

You are welcome. As always, you may have the last word. This is my final post on this VERY TIRED subject.

ciao.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am tired of this @!#$ too.

I have been successful at cleaning my own stuff up. And I am tired of all you newbies or at least you are new to me cause all you have to add to this board is grief. I am tired. Damn tired.

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Always Mom.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the shopping season. I too will be hitting the malls with my DEBIT CARD, I am still paying for last years presents LOL

Mom:)

13. Robert

Robert Active Member

I am sorry, One last time.

Roni,
    I am sorry I caused you to throw a tantrum. I am truly sorry! But I just gotto add one more thing. Roni I was not posting to cause you grief, I think if you go back and read my original post,I was making some pretty mild statements. It was not me who started blasting away, flaming someone because they had a different point of view. Albiet a point of view that does not properly fit into this board, and for that I am sorry.

I am in the process of cleaning up my credit, and have come a long way in the past year. I have read many of your posts and the majority of them have been very helpful to me!

But please do not attack me, then make yourself out to be the victim, because you are not!

rob