Providian - from $500 to $1,70

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, Oct 11, 2000.

1. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I must admit, they are generous with the credit increases when your account is managed in a responsible manner. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to rebuild credit. Make payments over the minimum, never go over the limit, and most importantly, *pay on time*. Just waiting for the day when the "PRIME" offers start rolling in!!

chet

2. Dean

Dean Guest

Agree with U

I agree with u

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Question for you??

Congrats!!

Do you know how long after a Cahp 7 is discharged that it takes for "prime" offers to start arriving in the mail?

My B.K. was discharged in Feb 1999. I have an auto loan, 3 visa cards and 2 dept store charges. My credit has been perfect since the B.K. and I use the cards every month.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

RE: Question for you??

Jim. I also filed BK 7 in 1999. Would be interested in finding out what loan company you have for yur car and what visas yu have also dept store cards which ones?

5. ALAN

ALAN Well-Known Member

Regarding....

What does the term APR Intro imply?

6. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

RE: Question for you??

I am not sure of that. I filed Chap 7 in 1992, and still get denied for prime cards (although all of the denials that I get are from prime cards that I included in my BK). I have read many posts, and many people on this board have gotten prime cards after a BK about 2-3 years after discharge (as long your credit is spotless since BK).

chet

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Ford Credit at 2.9 for the Aut

With some explaining, I got two credit unions that I have long done business with to give me the 2 visa cards. The 2 dept. cards survived the B.K. I have had them 10 years.

Look my nme up under "search". You will find details about the car loan someplace.