Providian Get Smart Card -Please

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brad, Jun 23, 2001.

1. brad

brad Well-Known Member

I applied for their card on-line two weeks ago and was approived for a classic Visa with no grace period.Well, today I looked at their web site and low and behold there now is a 25 day grace period on the classic card.Well I called them and the rep swore that there is no grace period on the classic card? It's posted on their web-site as current as of 6-23 01. Talk about a bunch of C..P. I don't trust them now.

2. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Oh my, you're right. Don't worry; I'll get on their ass. :) I'm printing that page right now for physical proof! WOO-HOO!

3. brad

brad Well-Known Member

FINGRRRL, It's very hard to be talking to a rep on the phone and be looking at the web-site at the same time,and to have that same rep telling you,you must be out of your mind!!! I would like to cancel that card right now,but that would hurt my credit.

4. fingrrrl

I know, I know...don't cancel your card. It clearly says on their website that the classic visa has a 25 day grace period. Also, it says this information is subject to change, but who knows? I think you should fight it. Print the website page out as I did and offer it as proof. Don't let them get away with this. I know I won't. I want a grace period! :)

5. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Fin,I know what your saying and legally they have me by the short hairs,but to lie like dog's really insult's my limited intelligence.They are not dealing from the top of the deck.

6. fingrrrl

Well, we all know they're crooked...or maybe the rep just didn't know that a new policy had been implemented on the Visa Classic. Still, I would call them on it.

7. river

river Well-Known Member

If I were you,I WOULD get the "grace period" or CANCEL card. There are two credit card companies that I would never put my credit in their hands and that is:Let the drums roll,Cap1 and Providian.

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, you can think what you want to about those two companies and I don't care for First Premier much.

But the two you are knocking have treated me quite well.
    I have little to complain about with either one.

Oh well, I guess that just goes to prove that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

So what else is new? Right?
    LOL

9. river

river Well-Known Member

You got that right.I think you were extremely lucky to even own a credit card after your admittance of "abusing" the system(in a previous post) over the years and still are.Right? LOL!!!!

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I did abuse the &^%$ out of the system, but that was many years ago.

Back when I spent all week sowing my wild oats and then having to go to church on Sunday and pray for a crop failure.

No, I don't think I am abusing the system anymore. I'm doing all that I can to build and keep good credit. The only abuse I am giving the system now is getting rid of all my past bad ones and trying to help others do the same.

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi River! I like that "let the drums roll please" part :)

c ya dogman

12. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

is it just me or does providian really have the getsmart card ads at every website you go to?

13. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

I received a pre-approved offer last month from Providian that stated a 25 day grace period. I just got one recently that didn't. That ticked me off & made me wonder why the different offers. I was going to go for the offer, but I think I'll wait & try one of the ones on the credit page of this site.