Providian Gold Card VISA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ty, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

I received an offer in the mail in March notifying me that I could get a Gold Card and 1,000 credit line incease that would cost 49.00 sent in the offer back in the mail it took 3 days for them to give me my credit line increase but haven't received the gold card though. I deceided I would call them and they said they didn't have any record of me supposing to receive a gold card. What do you think of that? Has anybody else came across this?

2. zip

zip Well-Known Member

I recieved the same offer and sent in the reply. Got the increase right away but it took forever to get the card. The acct# stays the same as the other card. They ended up sending me 2 cards. Had the same acct#'s on them

3. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

I believe that it took almost six weeks for me to receive my upgraded gold card from Providian.

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

When I got my Providian gold they gave me a new account number. After I sent in for the offer, I kept using my classic account until the gold card arrived. When I got the envelope with the new card I put it up on my desk without looking at it. I was at the airport to pick up some airline tickets later that week and tried to use my classic card. Declined. When I got home and looked at the new card I noticed the new account number.

Strangely the old account number does not appear on my credit reports, and the new account number carries the same date as the original account.

5. FatJake

FatJake Guest

When I got my Gold Upgrade it was the same number. I'm glad... I know this number by heart 4465 -****-****-****.
    Hahahaha

6. mimi

mimi Guest

I tried to upgrade to a Gold card. They told me I have to wait until June.

Hey FatJake, I've noticed your IP address. You wouldn't happen to be in the military...would ya?

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT FATJAKE...But that is an AT&T@HOME cable modem address...