Providian Gold Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Pie, Nov 30, 2000.

1. Pie

Pie Guest

At what point would Providian upgrade my card to a Gold Card?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It is done by invitation only. In other words, when the marketing department decides to send out an invitation. The reps at providian claim that they can not upgrade you.

roni

3. zip

zip Well-Known Member

i just recieved mine and it was one year exactly from the time i opened credit card acct with them

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I hope I am that lucky. I opened my account in May. I got a solitication via email for Chase platinum. Chase is opening the doors by the way. But they take the full 30 days for approval or denial which is nerve racking. I am afraid to recommend the card on this site. A month of waiting. ugh. Just thought I would mention it.

roni

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Roni

So is Chase actually following in Citibank's footsteps?? Any insight would be appreciated. I recommended Citi to a friend but they had chargeoff with Citi, so I am trying to find another lender that will give them a chance. If they have changed great, they also denied me sometimes last year I believe.

mom

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

To: MOM

Yes, mom i suspect chase is. But they dont have online instant approvals and I would hate the wait for anyone. But I am certain that chase is letting subprimers have cards. Think about it mom, I've been saying for months they let me have one. I cant even get a target card. But you remember how everyone here freaked out over citibank and then blamed me when they got denied. Ugh. Cant take that again. But I do think those with blemished credit and good credit now would definitely get the card. Like Me.

roni

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sounds like it

I may suggest this to my friends she needs a decent card.

Mom

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Sounds like it

I think every deserves a decent card.

roni

9. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I bet they are

A few weeks back I received an offer for a Chase Platinum, which suprised the heck out of me. I thought I was probably on some mailing list, which is still VERY likely, but now I wonder.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Carrot.

Yes, I know. But I applied to citibank because I got a offer in the mail which i thought was just a mail thing too. Really makes you wonder.

11. skip

skip Guest

I/ve had my card for three years no gold upgrade, account is in excellent standing I get increases regularly. My girlfriend has her card 1 year, has no other credit history, has two unpaid collections, got a gold card after 1 year.

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That is so inconsistant. Oh well.

roni