Providian Gold Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, Apr 24, 2000.

1. David

David Well-Known Member

Providian is offering to me a gold card. I once heard (JacquiG?) that the upgrades cost more for gold card members.

Would people here please inform me about the gold card program. Is the gold card program worth the upgrade?

David

2. Barry N

Barry N Guest

David,

My personal experience with the Providian Gold Card is positive. I received a $3000 line increase, and they charged $89.00 to upgrade. My current line is 6K.

Unlike Cap One, that offers a $200 credit limit Gold Card, Providian offers an actual gold upgrade. However, their steep interest and annual fees still apply. But then again, they are just a means to an end. Better credit histories and nicer prime offers.

Good Luck,

Barry Noret
    CreditMania.com, Inc.
    A Unique Personal Finance Portal
    http://creditmania.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *About our suggestions:
    We respond to your questions and make
    no claims that our suggestions will fit
    your exact needs. This is for informational
    purposes only and should never be construed
    as legal advice.

David wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Providian is offering to me a gold card. I once heard (JacquiG?) that the upgrades cost more for gold card members.

Would people here please inform me about the gold card program. Is the gold card program worth the upgrade?

David

3. David

David Well-Known Member

Barry,

Congratulations on your card. Hope the prime offers go your way soon.

I am not getting a gold card, after all. Was a mistake in the code read by a rep.

I will store away the information you provided when I do get upgraded. Three grand limit raise sounds groovy to me.

David

Barry N wrote:
    David,

My personal experience with the Providian Gold Card is positive. I received a $3000 line increase, and they charged $89.00 to upgrade. My current line is 6K.

Unlike Cap One, that offers a $200 credit limit Gold Card, Providian offers an actual gold upgrade. However, their steep interest and annual fees still apply. But then again, they are just a means to an end. Better credit histories and nicer prime offers.

Good Luck,

Barry Noret
    CreditMania.com, Inc.
    A Unique Personal Finance Portal
    http://creditmania.com
    *About our suggestions:
    We respond to your questions and make
    no claims that our suggestions will fit
    your exact needs. This is for informational
    purposes only and should never be construed
    as legal advice.

David wrote:
    Providian is offering to me a gold card. I once heard (JacquiG?) that the upgrades cost more for go....

4. creditdude

creditdude Guest

he said groovy.uh huh huh huh huh huh...funny huh bea-vus? uh huh..yea yea